Blending sidewalls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONZIE

Reaction score
Hi,
One thing I am having a bit of a problem with at the moment is blending the sidewalls so that they are thin. I just can't seem to get rid of the line especially at the top corners near the cuticle line. I'm using the soft side of a Creative file called Hotshot to do this and also use a black velvet (both files are 240 grade) And on the white, if I file the sides too much to try to make the sidewall thin, the product starts to get to thin on the edge. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong and how I should rectify this please?

Donna

Take a look at geegs tutorial on finishing

File control!! Part 3 - finishing (under premium geek tutorials) I think this should answer your question....

Also the hotshot fine side is 180 grit which could explain the thin edges you are having

and your finishing will be easier still if you stick to the rule of trying to make the perfect nail with your brush and not rely on your file to do it for you; -quoted from geegs tutorial

hi donna
r u doing tip & overlay, or sulpting?
if u r doing tip & overlay, a common problem is that mayb u haven't blended the tip in fully in the corners which would leave a bulk in that area.
the product that u place over this area is then usually filed away, losing the corners of your whites.
if u perfect sculpting, u can learn to "tuck in" the product in the corners more efectively.
this can b acheived with tip & overlay, if you make sure you push any excess product from the side walls down to ensure that u don't have any bulk in this area.
liza

Latest posts

Back