Blisters/Gloves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbad

Reaction score
Hi all

As soon as the sun comes out I suffer from blisters mainly on my hands, They start as little bumps and then go to full on blisters. I am still awaiting a diagnosis.

However does anyone know of good fitting gloves that I could wear while cutting/colouring. Latex clothes make my hands sweat and I can not get a good grip when cutting with them.

I really do not want to give up something that I love and have waited along time to do. It's just not a nice sight and looks very ugly.

I dont have the problem with gloves , but i have the same blisters on my hands , always have in the sun , they are called water blisters.

How about popping some of the cotton gloves on under the latex ones, this should absorb any moisture and help to stop your hands sweating so much.

HTH, Lou x

Hi
Thanks for the help and the idea of putting the cotton gloves over the latex ones I will try. They did rule out water blisters as they actually have no fluid in it's easier to describe them as blisters. But they are like prickly heat but a lot bigger.

hi, sounds to me like u suffer from hives! it can comes in different forms try an anti-hystamine tablet and cortisone cream!:D

You could try cotton gloves under the latex gloves and see how that works. You will look like Michael Jackson tho! And it could get a bit hot.

Some people have a reaction to latex so they use nitrile gloves instead.

You should see if you can get some kind of barrier cream like E45 or Silcocks Base - it has very few ingredients so it's good for sensitive skin conditions (eczema, dermatitis etc ...)

I hope you get a diagnosis soon.

i get my powder free nitrile gloves from St Johns ambulance ... if you go looksie on their website they have just mailed me informing me they have a spring special on them at the mo think around £3.50 for a box of 100 (small and extra large sizes only) i use the small ones, nice and snug

kx

Latest posts

Back