Blonde brow tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteffiMc

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I have a lady next week with blonde brows who doesn't want her brows too dark but wants them a bit darker than they are now, do any of you have tips on how to make a subtle change to blonde brows but still give that definition? Thanks in advance x

What i do is use a brown tint, put it on leave for around a minute or 2 then remove. show the client. if they want darker, repeat as necessary until the perfect colour is acheived. Rather go gradually so you get right colour than go too dark straight away.

I would do exactly as above. Easier to add than take away!

I do the same but I add a small bit of grey/graphite tint to the brown and it tones it down a bit. Hope that helps :) x

I do this too but just wanted to add that with my brand of tint (Rekocil) 2 minutes would be WAY too long! Brands do differ so the first time I would suggest applying to one brow, then the other, then removing the first brow immediately. So about 30 seconds. And keep reapplying until you have the shade she wants.

Fab thanks a lot guys :) x

I have only just started using Refectocil but even with my old brand 2 mins would be way too long. Refectocil (available from Ellisons) do a light brown which I think would be easier to control than a dark brown.

I use brown, I put it on the one brow, put it on the 2nd then take off the first one straight away and then the second. Better to do it gradually then end up too dark! I like the idea of adding grey to it, prob tone down any redness they can occur, might have to try that! x

I use a light brown mixed with a little grey as well and leave on for 1-3min (i use Lycocil) and check. If not quite there either reapply if you've removed the lot or leave on longer until the right shade is achieved. X

I have a client who has a blond section to eye brow, not deliberate its just a different pigment. He wants it, gone, a more even colour?? Tips??

Louise

I have blonde brows naturally and honestly don't do a full minute on the first go, it might not look like much difference to you but to the client it will!!! I do one, then the other, then take the first one off straight after using brown on its own. You can always make it darker but you can't take it off :)

Latest posts

Back