Blonde hair going khaki

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redordead

Reaction score
So I have a client who, ideally, would like to be as blonde as possible.
However, she lives on a farm and all their water comes from a well. So whatever minerals are contained down there, are gradually turning her hair green between services.
I work with goldwell so any help would be greatly appreciated! (Other than suggesting she moves house!)

What about using a clarifying shampoo? Would that help? X

We've tried it. It doesn't seem to be strong enough! She has said she's happy to change the colour if it stops the green coming back. But I'm determined to find a solution!

Maybe a purple tone shampoo and cond. other than that I guess it will be a change of colour.

She's been using purple shampoo and conditioner at home. Which I didn't advise as purple won't neutralise green. Have thought about adding a drop of RR mix to 10N for a toner and leaving for a minute. Because it's bleached hair, I feel it would grab and I'd be left with pink!

Purple shampoo wont help neutralising green. It will make it more green. Copper, in theory neutralises green.
To be honest though she would be better using PM shampoo 3 once a week and shampoo two every other time

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you use colourance then just keep an eye on the colour once its on.

You may already know but all goldwell N only shades sit on warm side of the goldwell colour wheel. :)

I've never heard that about aspirin? Worth a go!

Have you tried using malibu crystal gel treatment?

Have you tried using malibu crystal gel treatment?

No I haven't heard of it?

Even more random ketchup gets rid of green in chlorinated hair so could try that !!!

Erm, it's not chlorine, it's mineral salts present in the well water. Your client needs what used to be called chelating shampoo. I gotta say, I've not come across this problem in years, so have no idea if any of the ranges do anything suitable nowadays. KMS used to do one, but I've no idea if they still do.

No I haven't heard of it?

It is a chelating treatment with an ingredient that binds to minerals and metal deposits to remove them.

The crystal gel is supposed to be used under the heater for 30 mins (i think) to remove build up, and they also make 5 minute treatments specifically for hard water, swimmers etc

Khaki tinges usually come from copper.

If you use it, let me know if it works!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not sure if a shampoo will solve the problem as she will be rinsing the shampoo out using the same water causing the problem in the first place. Perhaps she could buy cheap bottled water for the final rinse?

However, might be better for her to consider getting a whole house water filtration system installed. My brother has one and it seems to work well.

If the water is causing her hair to turn green, imagine what it's doing to her skin and also the metal in her appliances (kettle, washing machine, dishwasher, iron etc).

Erm, it's not chlorine, it's mineral salts present in the well water. Your client needs what used to be called chelating shampoo. I gotta say, I've not come across this problem in years, so have no idea if any of the ranges do anything suitable nowadays. KMS used to do one, but I've no idea if they still do.

Would redken cleansing creme work?

It is a chelating treatment with an ingredient that binds to minerals and metal deposits to remove them.

The crystal gel is supposed to be used under the heater for 30 mins (i think) to remove build up, and they also make 5 minute treatments specifically for hard water, swimmers etc

Khaki tinges usually come from copper.

If you use it, let me know if it works!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'll definitely give it a bit of research. Thank you!

Joico 4 step treatment have cheating shampoo that was not for resale, but now do sell it but its a clarifying, but the salon version is stronger. I love it.

Would redken cleansing creme work?

Not sure. I don't get well water problems in London to test it out!

Wella do a warm red shampoo and conditioner now, just wondering if that will be enough to neutralise but not change colour too much??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back