Blonde to brown with red lites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauranails

Reaction score
Hi just looking for a bit of advise.
Had a women come in today new client now;-).She got hair colour done 6 weeks ago in a salon,bleach lites and reckon 5.35 in between the lites,the lites which are bleach have starting snapping .Her hair is in bad condition plys she has well water and washes her hair everyday as suffers from greasy haie.I had a consultation with her and she wants a 5.3 with red scattered lites underneath.Her natural base between 5,6.Do i need to pre pig?hair is gone very copper.Thank You.Hope someone can help xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Had a women come in today new client now;-).She got hair colour done 6 weeks ago in a salon,bleach lites and reckon 5.35 in between the lites,the lites which are bleach have starting snapping .Her hair is in bad condition plys she has well water and washes her hair everyday as suffers from greasy haie.I had a consultation with her and she wants a 5.3 with red scattered lites underneath.Her natural base between 5,6.Do i need to pre pig?hair is gone very copper.Thank You.Hope someone can help xx

Firstly sell her a toner shampoo, and a protein rich conditioner, tell her to use for 6 weeks, conditioner to be used once a week for a treatment and a small amount with normal shampooing.
If its as bad as you claim do not colour it until that's been done.

Secondly, clients with greasy hair annoy me, their hair gets oily because yet wash it daily, the oils get stripped, the scalp says "oh no I have no oils and when I make it they all dissapear maybe I should make more and more"
Tell her that she should wash it every other for 2 weeks then every third day then fourth, by this time she will be due to see you again, the oils should have calmed production and her hair last without washing for 2-4 days xoxo

If her hair is snapping then I wouldn't colour it all all. Regular treatments and trims for a good while is what's needed and when the hair is in better condition, then think about colour :)

Firstly sell her a toner shampoo, and a protein rich conditioner, tell her to use for 6 weeks, conditioner to be used once a week for a treatment and a small amount with normal shampooing.
If its as bad as you claim do not colour it until that's been done.

Secondly, clients with greasy hair annoy me, their hair gets oily because yet wash it daily, the oils get stripped, the scalp says "oh no I have no oils and when I make it they all dissapear maybe I should make more and more"
Tell her that she should wash it every other for 2 weeks then every third day then fourth, by this time she will be due to see you again, the oils should have calmed production and her hair last without washing for 2-4 days xoxo

I agree with Tomme here. She needs to treat this hair before applying more color. It would basically be throwing more money down the drain as hair in the described condition won't hold onto color. And she really does need to start weening herself away from daily washing. Introduce her to some great treatment products, as well as a dry shampoo spray. (Kevin Murphy, Fresh Hair is amazing.) if she is uncomfortable with the current state of her hair, gloss her with a rich brown/mahogany to get through the few weeks of treatments she is in need of.

Thanks for replying.I explained to her that she is washing her hair to much .I recommened dry shampoo to use inbetween washes.The problem with her wanting her colour done is,she has a wedding on saturday and really not happy with her hair,i explained the importance of weekly treatments,and recommened what shampoo and conditioner she should be using.Just dunno what to do about the colour she wants,if hadnt a wedding i would be defo nt putting colour on,but she wants to look her best and her hair is bringing her done?xox

If she is determined to have a colour ask her to come in on the day for a blowdry and use a colour mousse instead of colouring. Xoxo

thanks tomme.i will suggest it to her.If not i will use a semi something like 5.6 do u think that would do?sorry for all the questions ive recently opened my salon and really dont want to let new clients down xox

Latest posts

Back