Blonde to platinum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemb18

Reaction score
Looking for some advise please :D
I work with Wella Colour house.

I have a client who currently has 12/81 Wella High-lift tint on her roots (picture attached sorry lightening in my kitchen is blue & white spot lights which don't help).
She is now looking to go more like the picture attached (platinum).

Ive been thinking about this and kind of got myself in a rut over thinking it.
The ends are light and the hair is in great condition.

I was thinking to bleach bath the hair damp - 1 part bleach, 1 part 3% (poss 6%) & 2 parts shampoo

Then to tone it with Colour Touch 10/0 & 10/6 with 1.9% (1:2)

What are people opinions ? any other ideas?

Attachments

• thumbnail_image2.jpg
    thumbnail_image2.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 94
  • thumbnail_image3.jpg
    thumbnail_image3.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 74
  • thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hi

I would do a full bleach application doing midlengths and ends first (20vol) leaving to develop for 25mins then applying to roots (20vol) for 30mins and once all even and pale yellow I would tone using 10/96 with pastel. I don't think a bleach bath will do much apart from remove tone.

If she is a regular customer I'd advise waiting if she can till her regrowth is due .
Then 6% bleach on roots and would recommend going through the ends with 3% and olaplex or similar , a lot of brands do a version of it now , whether they are as good is debatable but it's better than nothing, as it's had 12% and high lift I'd keep my eye on it and keep checking elasticity throughout the development process

Agree with @ELLE BELLA and to be cautious.
Highlift with 12% can be damaging so you wouldn't want to apply anything stronger than 3% over the top of it.
You might not be able to get it to platinum without compromising the integrity plus your client needs to be made aware of the level of committment required for maintaining healthy looking platinum hair.

Thanks for replies.
I have spoken with her and she is happy to wait till next appointment as she has only just had the roots done.
Even though her hair is very good condition and strong i still want to keep it that way for sure :D
Think you are right @ELLE BELLA.
What you reckon toner wise , still what i said 10/0 & 10/6 Colour touch?

x

Hi I tend to use koleston 10/1 or 10/8 or a mixture of both for platinum blonde . I find c t can grab in parts and 10/6 may be too pinky
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1502899961.854645.jpg
this is 10/1 &10/8 it's quite a nice fresh platinum

Latest posts

Back