Blonde toning help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel Fox

Reaction score
Hi,

I was having a Wella 8/38 all over colour on roots & lots of foils in between with mild bleach then toned with 10:36 Wella toner, I have had this for the last 3 years.

I went to a hairdresser and I had foils put through but they didn’t use bleach it was high lift tint in my roots and put foils in with what should have been a darker blonde but it was a really orangey tone and it was not nice!

I went back to my usual hairdresser and I have had it colour corrected I had had lots and lots of bleach foils but when they put on the 10;36 Wella toner on it went lilac /light grey type colour which it has never gone like that before I was shocked it was awful so I asked her to remove it which she did with a product that smelt really strong like cat wee!......so now i think it looks intoned and doesn’t suit me as to me it looks an untoned blonde I am used to it having a slightly golden tone...she also said not to use the colourfresh I use at home 10:36 as she said it go go funny again

Can anyone suggest anything I could do to put some time tone back in to the blonde ?

Thank you

Highlifts aren’t the best option if you’re looking for a cool ash colour rather than a warmer golden tone. They also require a high volume developer and if overlapped with bleach highlights, it will be more porous and suck up tone so you only need a light touch when toning. Equally, if it’s porous, it means that toners will fade much more quickly and it will need re-doing more regularly. You’d have been better sticking with your original hairdresser.

Cat wee? I’m guessing she’s mixed up a cleanse formula using some developer to remove the excess tone although a good shampoo might have been sufficient.

What colour is it now?

If it’s a brassy yellow, try using a purple shampoo. Only wash once and leave it on for a few minutes. It might be just enough to neutralise any brassiness without being too strong and you only need to use it occasionally. If it looks too lilac, just shampoo once with normal moisturising shampoo to remove excess tone.

Did you have any Olaplex treatments? I would recommend trying it to put some strength back into your hair. Other ‘plex’ named products are just deep conditioners so won’t repair broken bonds within the hair.

I have attached a picture

Thank you for he reply.

I don’t want an ash tone or cool tone I want to put a tiny bit of warmth/golden back in my hair I normally use then10:36 toner but when it was put on it just went really really ash and a lilac tone I was shocked as it’s never turned it like that.

I am just wanting someone to tell me what’s best to do to put a bit of golden/warmth back in?.

I don’t think this shade suits me at all

Thank you for the information

Attachments

• 025F0BF4-D278-47DE-9355-686ABBD600B4.jpeg
    025F0BF4-D278-47DE-9355-686ABBD600B4.jpeg
    807.8 KB · Views: 62
10/36 is a cool blonde with a slight violet tone.
You just need something with more gold/beige tone in it if you want it slightly warmer.
You could try a coloured mousse?
I think if there’s a chance your hair is quite porous so look for something that you simply wash on, leave and rinse out.

Thank you, before I had my hair colour corrected the toner used to work really well as my hair was more golden.

I think the violet tone had predominated as the ends were lilac. I am tempted to see a professional hairdresser and see if they can suggested a gold/beige toner.

Thank you for your help

Latest posts

Back