Blowdry brushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
I am doing a bounce blowdry course next month to brush up ('scuse the pun) on big bis bouncy blow outs.
Can anyone recommend the best brushes for curly blowdry?
Especially wits hair extensions.

Thano you!!

I am doing a bounce blowdry course next month to brush up ('scuse the pun) on big bis bouncy blow outs.
Can anyone recommend the best brushes for curly blowdry?
Especially wits hair extensions.

Thano you!!
Well I've just started using the Regincos 50th anniversary brush. It's a great brush, mahogany handle, boars bristles and a ceramic plate. It's £12.00 from Italy hair and beauty, google them. The Ibiza brushes are also really nice and they have a massive range, I'm not sure the best place to get them is price wise so if anyone else does please post it here.
I find that a round boars bristle brush is best for smoothing thicker textured hair which requires more tension when blowdrying to get the smoothness. Your round ceramic barrel brushes are best for creating curl and bounce as the ceramic has the effect of a curling tong on the hair, and it works great if you have a few in the same size so you can leave a brush wrapped in while it cools and sets into place, and you can carry on blowdrying the next section.

In Ireland I would recommend the head jog brushs I'm not sure where you are based and if they have them brush where you are based.

I like Moroccan Oil brushes on hair that isn't super curly. Heard good things about the GHD brushes though.

For super curly hair i prefer boar.

Hate head jog, they're crap and the hair gets stuck in them and the bristles die after 2 blowdries.

I like ghd brushes or Denman headhuggers,

Can I ask what your course is I want to do a course to brush up my skills on curly blowouts!

moroccan oil brushes are the best

I've seen extra long bamboo handle brushes which are fab for big blow dries and thinking of trying the head hugger ones. When I have the cash I am getting myself some ghd ones too.

I have some pro-tip ones which I got as an apprentice 5 years ago. Which I've always liked.

I recently got a Kents brush and don't like it. But it could be that it's a different shape in your hand.

I like Moroccan Oil brushes on hair that isn't super curly. Heard good things about the GHD brushes though.

For super curly hair i prefer boar.

Hate head jog, they're crap and the hair gets stuck in them and the bristles die after 2 blowdries.
I agree on the head jog ones, I actually had my ow hair blowdried the other day, there were nearly tears coming out of my eyes when she pulled them out

Sorry to bring an old thread up but has anyone seen the video on @hannahlizinsta of when she's in the salon having a curly blow? Anyone used this kind of style brush?

Sorry to bring an old thread up but has anyone seen the video on @hannahlizinsta of when she's in the salon having a curly blow? Anyone used this kind of style brush?

Shes tagged the company in the picture

Nope but they seem really nifty
Don't they just! I wonder how they would hold up being used day in day out tho! The prices don't look too bad either!

I've seen extra long bamboo handle brushes which are fab for big blow dries and thinking of trying the head hugger ones. When I have the cash I am getting myself some ghd ones too.

I've been using the head hugger brushes for a while now. I like them, they are durable with a great non slip handle and the bristles are holding up against the dryer heat well. The only thing I'm not keen on ironically is the shape, it's not ideal for creating volume on bouncy blow outs (the bit that 'hugs' the head is great but it curves in on top collapsing the shape in) however it's not really a huge issue as I usually set my sections with pin curl clips anyway.
As for the GHD brushes, I don't really rate them. The salon I used to work in was GHD daft so I have a lot of experience with these brushes (in the past mind you, I don't know if they've changed much) I loved them at first, they look so sleek but the fall apart under every day salon usage. First the top bit pops off, them glue on the handle gets weak and causes the barrel to wobble, feeling like it's going to come apart any second. I have one at home which has lasted well but from experience they don't go the distance in a salon environment.
Phew sorry that was so long lol x

Latest posts

Back