Blue grey hair colour help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could try 0/81 with pastel

I've done it now thanks guys

I would definitely use 0/81 over 0/88... So dense you'll end up black lol. That's probably already been said. Have a play with some hair swatches. Looks like there's a stretched root in a deeper blue toned grey fading into a softer blue/grey. A more bluey grey is the 10/88 in innocence with a dot 22/0 in KP mixed with pastel. Vary the amount of 22/0 to make it deeper. You can always glaze with instamatic blue over the top?

Looks really good! Should have read the entire post. I thought your clients hair was long?

Why in the world would you use 12/0? Is she trying to lift? No. Just deposit. Does the 12/0 have more pigment? Yes, but not the pogment needed to formulate the color.
If you look back on the post at the beginning it's not stated if the hair needed to be lifted so that's why it's says just a guess! And I hope the op has got the formula that was needed [emoji106]

Honestly?[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Iv actually tried this on a blonde extension to see what it comes out like and it was pretty close to the pictures

If you look back on the post at the beginning it's not stated if the hair needed to be lifted so that's why it's says just a guess! And I hope the op has got the formula that was needed [emoji106]

Yes but 12/0 is unsuitable whether you're lifting or not.

Yes but 12/0 is unsuitable whether you're lifting or not.
Not really. I myself have used 12/0 with mixer tones before like 12/0 + 0/65 to make a rose pink etc. Each to their own!

Not really. I myself have used 12/0 with mixer tones before like 12/0 + 0/65 to make a rose pink etc. Each to their own!

Using a highlift to achieve a warm color vs. a cool color is a completely different situation. I stand by my comment. You certainly wouldn't achieve gray blue by adding 12/0 and a mixtone to virgin hair.

im wanting more of a cleaner grey no blue if poss... any ideas my minds doing over time
thanks

Do a search as there's been at least two posts a week!

Lol I've sorted the hair now thanks no need to keep commenting

I used 0/88 with pastel but because the hair was silver before it still shows through a bit exactly what I wanted

Hair was already bleached, then I used revlon 011 and 10.1 50/50 with 20vol.
Brilliant result.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1433399650552.jpg
    1433399650552.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 57
Guys since when did salon geek become so catty? Surely the reason we come on here is to share our wealth of knowledge with other creatives?

I don't care how good you are .... We are all learning everyday! Xxx

Guys since when did salon geek become so catty? Surely the reason we come on here is to share our wealth of knowledge with other creatives?

I don't care how good you are .... We are all learning everyday! Xxx

Yes you are right. We do all love sharing our knowledge and I personally don't believe anyone has been 'catty' but quite a few SG's have been posting their query twice, sometimes even three times and not heeding any advice.

Believe me, if you think any of the above is nasty take a stroll through some posts from last year and the year before. You'll be shaking in your boots. Am I right guys?

A lot of geeks have a wealth of experience with many years in our fields of choice and are happy to share and give advice but there are rules that need to be followed and when asking for advice there are a few simple points that as a professional, keeps it professional and are used as a guide.

And you are totally on the mark. We learn something new everyday!

Latest posts

Back