Bluesky gel polish - advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im a little confused when it comes to Bluesky - I was under the impression that this is not a reputable polish but I have recently been advised (twice by two different nail techs) that the polish now has a product materials sheet available on request -so it's ok to use? -

I am opening a salon in a few weeks, the open dates getting closer and I am still undecided on a gel polish brand - I have bought loads of blue sky polishes to put over acrylic nails but Im not sure if its ok to use these as a gel polish manicure over the natural nail? I have trialed on myself and friends and so far no problems, no chipping its been fab and has really strong pigment in them.

I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me please... xxx

Have you done a search on this site? You'll be reading for weeks :)

Have you done a search on this site? You'll be reading for weeks :)
When i have searched it i have found posts slating the product but they all seem to be old posts which im assuming was before they had the product materials sheet...

Did anyone see the article about bluesky training in the guildgazette?

Did anyone see the article about bluesky training in the guildgazette?
I did, had to read it several times as I thought maybe it was a new company with the same name but I guess not!

I did, had to read it several times as I thought maybe it was a new company with the same name but I guess not!

Me too! lol I think it's the italic logo with the butterfly that made me think surely this is a completely new company! And it's even made it onto the list of contacts in the back.

Me too! lol I think it's the italic logo with the butterfly that made me think surely this is a completely new company! And it's even made it onto the list of contacts in the back.
I guess they must be going up in the world! So does this mean they're now considered to be a professional product do you think? If they now offer training and have uk authorised distributors I guess they must be, as long as you go down that road rather than buying it from eBay!

There's a thread on here about the launch of bluesky in the uk. Makes for a very interesting if confusing read! I managed to grasp that it is the same company that manufactures bluesky that we see sold on ebay and amazon but this particular company will be the uk distributors for the brand. They also have training courses available to the uk market too. Online courses for £20!!

Think of all the newly "fully qualified" nail techs that will be popping up offering gel manicures for £10 or less [emoji85]

I think the prices would go up a little surely now that they're professional products? I'm still getting used to this

I think the prices would go up a little surely now that they're professional products? I'm still getting used to this

They're not a pro product

I'd like to hope so CocoAllure. Id like to think that using the products as professionals they will act professionally and set prices that reflect a professional treatment and not undercutting everyone else.

It still concerns me that these same products are available still to purchase as a non-professional.

And really a online course that requires no previous qualifications means that it will be basic at best. A manicure/pedicure qualification is standard practice or so I thought?

I'd like to hope so CocoAllure. Id like to think that using the products as professionals they will act professionally and set prices that reflect a professional treatment and not undercutting everyone else.

It still concerns me that these same products are available still to purchase as a non-professional.

And really a online course that requires no previous qualifications means that it will be basic at best. A manicure/pedicure qualification is standard practice or so I thought?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457711663.368754.jpg

That bit that says ' students can begin.. '

They're not a pro product

I'm confused. The article says they have joined the ranks of professional nail products now.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457712491.032521.jpg

Look at the names!!
Lobster roll and grapefruit sparkle

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457712700.893990.jpg

Cake pop clearly pink studio white
Terrible!

View attachment 195048

Look at the names!!
Lobster roll and grapefruit sparkle

That is where it gets really confusing! The ones you can find on amazon etc all have exactly the same names as CND Shellac but this 'new' bluesky has none of the same names but apparently are all manufactured in the same factory in china?! Confused much!?

Seems like they have just changed the names to avoid legal issues and created a course to justify it as being 'professional' it's all very confusing. Maybe that article makes things a bit clearer but I haven't read it.

Did you see the last massive thread on this? There was a representative from Bluesky answering questions, but to be honest, I'm still none the wiser on how they now think it's a pro product!

Did you see the last massive thread on this? There was a representative from Bluesky answering questions, but to be honest, I'm still none the wiser on how they now think it's a pro product!

I'm the same! They left a lot of questions unanswered :/

Latest posts

Back