Bluesky gel polish - advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OPI do gel polish which is available to the public.

OPI does a separate gel polish line for consumers - GelShine - which is sold in Sally Beauty and other consumer outlets. OPI GelColor is their professional line and is generally sold in professional venues. Not unlike HNH which has Gelish Mini and Gelish.

I think basically you can buy a load of bluesky polish and then sell them as a pro brand with training and msds under the umbrella of your companies name - like bluesky UK. These products I'm sure will have been tested on animals somewhere along the way and are readily available on eBay x

Absolutely. They ALL come out the same factory in China, some get shipped to eBay, etc, some to bluesky uk, same content. Make of that what you will.

Hello everyone
Please find attached a declaration from the manufacturer stating that Bluesky gel polish is not tested on animals. Also, MSDS sheets are available on request. The details contained in them are required learning as part of our training, which is accredited by the Guild of Beauty Therapists. I hope that helps.
Many thanks

Looking at this declaration letter, I might not be an English boffin but they said WE have not tested on animals, that doesn't mean that another company in which to license it hasn't done the testing! If it's manufactured in China it HAD TO be tested on animals end of story. Unless made in Hong Kong, which your product bluesky is not. So point is invalid, you may as well wipe your butt with that "declaration" it means diddly squat.

If your conscience is clear then so be it!
But please don't try fool people to believe that it isn't tested on animals because that will chip is therapists off big time. Yes some are gullible but a lot of us are not. I also have a Bcom degree in marketing as well as my 3 year beauty certificates.... I know how they spin stories to fool markets to sell stuff.

Hi. I'm issuing this in response to the many points raised in this thread. Bluesky UK is an independent company. We are an authorised distributor for Bluesky in the UK and Europe, and are not affiliated to anyone selling on Amazon of eBay. Our products are checked and meet all EU requirements. They are certified as not being tested on animals at any point in the manufacture, as is the case with 90% of the cosmetics used in the UK (that are made in China). Our products meet the requirements of stock management, and we carefully manage shelf life of our gel polishes to ensure that they are all in good condition. All gel polishes only last for 3 years and after that should not be used. Our MSDS sheets are only valid for anything bought from us. You will have to ask others suppliers for theirs, and they may be the same, but we obviously cannot vouch for how others manage their stock, product care, storage etc to ensure good quality, or provide a professional service.

We run 2 courses, and each has 2 parts - an online theory and examination, and practical training time with a qualified and experienced teacher. The Diploma has 11 hours theory and 8 hours practical. The NUS values it as a qualification and you can apply for an NUS card when you study with us. Our courses are valid for insurance purposes - no loop holes, we went through the same accreditation process as Gelish courses.

All brands are available on eBay and Amazon if you look hard enough, and many are what this thread refers to as 'professional'.
We sell Bluesky to many professionals who have switched from other brands such as Gelish, OPI, and CND because they prefer the choice, price and quality. There will equally be professionals who choose other brands, and not Bluesky. It is about choice. We are raising the profile of Bluesky in the professional market, and are glad some of you have noticed. The definition of whether something is professional or not is about whether an income is earned from it. The definition is "engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as an amateur". It is the person administering the gel polish manicure that makes the difference between a great and professional result and an amateur effort, which is why we are committed to providing effective training. We sell Bluesky to many mobile and salon-based professionals as well as accredited academies and colleges. The reason other brands are so expensive is that we keep marketing costs low, and don't transfer costs onto customers. The price of Bluesky may well increase in the future - we are advising China that it does. In the meantime enjoy a great professional product at a brilliant price point.

I hope that answers everyone's queries. You can find us on the usual Social Media channels if you want to make direct contact. We are also looking for ambitious mobile techs to work with.
Best wishes
Michaela (Marketing and Training Director)

No. No you didnt answer my query. Are you going to be checking peoples qualifications? Yes or no. It is a simple question you repeatedly ignored in the last thread and are doing so again.

What difference does it make?

It's still bluesky!

I would much prefer her answering nothing more & going elsewhere. Perhaps that's just me...

Nothing can legitimise a company that peddles fakes, supplies the consumer, manufactures in a country famed for poor regulation, has an incomprehensible website, would authorise my dog to distribute their products and doesn't have an education program.

What difference does it make?

It's still bluesky!

I would much prefer her answering nothing more & going elsewhere. Perhaps that's just me...

Nothing can legitimise a company that peddles fakes, supplies the consumer, manufactures in a country famed for poor regulation, has an incomprehensible website, would authorise my dog to distribute their products and doesn't have an education program.

Fair point.

No. No you didnt answer my query. Are you going to be checking peoples qualifications? Yes or no. It is a simple question you repeatedly ignored in the last thread and are doing so again.
Hello. I did not ignore your question. There have been a lot of points raised. In relation to animal testing, I posted a statement from the manufacturer in reference to an earlier question clearly stating that Bluesky gel polishes are not at any point in the manufacture tested on animals, and I come on here to be helpful and not to avoid any issues. If you mean do we check our qualified teachers' qualifications, then of course, and most of them are VTCT academies or registered with the Beauty Guild. We also check student qualifications if they are wanting to take a conversion course to make sure they have an appropriate manicure and pedicure qualification. You can see the courses and read about the tutors on the Bluesky UK gel polish training website.

Hello. I did not ignore your question. There have been a lot of points raised. In relation to animal testing, I posted a statement from the manufacturer in reference to an earlier question clearly stating that Bluesky gel polishes are not at any point in the manufacture tested on animals, and I come on here to be helpful and not to avoid any issues. If you mean do we check our qualified teachers' qualifications, then of course, and most of them are VTCT academies or registered with the Beauty Guild. We also check student qualifications if they are wanting to take a conversion course to make sure they have an appropriate manicure and pedicure qualification. You can see the courses and read about the tutors on the Bluesky UK gel polish training website.

No. You know i didnt mean that and you are deliberately avouding my question. Will you be checking everyone who purchases from you? As in if i come to you and say i want to buy bluesky will you ask to see my qualifications? Or will it remain the same cheap (as in cheapening the industry) unprofessional product that my 7 year old could buy and get to work with?

No. You know i didnt mean that and you are deliberately avouding my question. Will you be checking everyone who purchases from you? As in if i come to you and say i want to buy bluesky will you ask to see my qualifications? Or will it remain the same cheap (as in cheapening the industry) unprofessional product that my 7 year old could buy and get to work with?
Sorry. No. I didn't understand your question. All gel polishes are available to buy on the open market, including CND, OPI and Gellish. No we don't check qualifications, but we do provide them. We provide professional qualifications so that nail technicians can offer services using Bluesky to their clients. We also sell Bluesky to trade only retailers and we are expanding this service. Thanks.

Ink london isn't available on the open market.

But they are only available on the open market to anyone from 3rd party sellers. The actual professional companies only sell to professionals. They check this by checking qualifications which you don't as you sell to people with and without qualifications. Just curious what trade only sellers do you sell to?

I think the answer's no! I tried and could add products to my basket, clicked checkout, the only details needed were my address and payment. At no point did there seem to be any indication that qualifications would be asked for. Perhaps if I had tried to pay something would have popped up but I didn't go any further than that x

I looked on their website I have not even been bothered before cos I use ibd and nsi (proper pro brands) but you can clearly see there are kits aimed for diyers. There are professional kits then several little ones with instructions. V similar to the ones in boots, and you can see prices without a log in. I know with nsi before I could see prices they gave me a log in. Tbh the answer surprises me they don't seem to 'get' protecting pro products and trade prices like the reputable brands do xxx

Ink london isn't available on the open market.
You don't need any qualifications or evidence that you are a trade professional to buy from Ink London, so anyone can. Our kits are all for students. Perhaps you were looking at the wrong website. This is us www.blueskyuk.world. Thanks.

You don't need any qualifications or evidence that you are a trade professional to buy from Ink London, so anyone can. Our kits are all for students. Perhaps you were looking at the wrong website. This is us www.blueskyuk.world. Thanks.

They won't let me purchase from them until I upload my certificates

Last edited:

Nope. Incorrect. They get in touch with you direct for proof of qualifications, so whilst you may create an account, you won't be receiving anything without proving your qualifications.

You don't need any qualifications or evidence that you are a trade professional to buy from Ink London, so anyone can. Our kits are all for students. Perhaps you were looking at the wrong website. .

I had to send copies of my certificates to Ink London before they would allow me to open an account.

So I got my usual groupon message this morning. The full BlueSky kit for xxxx and the lamp alone for 19.99. Very hard to regard this company as 'professional'.....

[price deletion - kit includes product(s)]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back