Body Scrubs etc...without a sink?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Jenny~

Reaction score
Do any of you offer body treatments such as body scrubs, masks etc without having a sink nearby?

I don't really offer body treatments but would like to focus a little more in that direction....would you advise it if I do not have a sink in my treatment room? I don't really want to keep leaving my client....

Hi, it isn't ideal but it is still do-able, i have the same issue. I manage as whilst the client is undressing I go to get my large bowl of HOT(as i can stand) water, do all my wet work then if im doing a mask or wrap, I generally do a complementary foot, face, or scalp massage, then quietly slip out to replace it with fresh hot water to remove. As i said its not ideal but in some respects it is better as the client isnt disturbed by the sound of running water or gurgling drains.

You could try filling a slow cooker or rice cooker with hot damp flannels and use them to remove product? I have tried this and it worked well. You can also use this method with scrubs in manis and pedis.

hot towels work very well and its feels great. It makes removal of products alot faster than body sponges.

if you don't have hot towel cabi or rice cooker or slow cooker, keep one very hot bowl of water so you can make fresh hot towels.

thank you all for your advise...if using a slow cooker, how do I go about it? do i just put damp towels into them and leave it on a low setting? xx

I use a slow cooker for hot flannels.
I soak flannels in water under tap. Put a little water in slow cooker then add soaking wet flannels. I was told (cant remember who by) not to fill the slow cooker with water and was advised this way. Sometimes i add a little jasmine oil and swirl the flannels around.
I have the slow cooker either warm or low setting. You find the flannels are really hot, so be careful. However they do cool down very quickly. hth

Forgot to say. You can buy portable sinks. They have a large water bottle attached. Around £100

I wring the flannels out before I put them in the slow cooker, that way you don't have to wring them when they're very hot.

I wring the flannels out before I put them in the slow cooker, that way you don't have to wring them when they're very hot.

Do you not add water to the slow cooker then. Just wet flannels, wring out and put in slow cooker. :)

Forgot to say. You can buy portable sinks. They have a large water bottle attached. Around £100

Hi I dont suppose you have a link or web address for these as I have been looking for ages and cant seem to find one for much under £300.

Hi I dont suppose you have a link or web address for these as I have been looking for ages and cant seem to find one for much under £300.

I'll have a look. It was around a year ago when i was looking. I did save the web but it's in my other laptop which blew. Long story but i may be able to find it for you.

there are many suitable scrubs on the market for removal without the need of a shower.
I would steer away from salt based scrubs though as they are IMO most difficult to remove.

I'll have a look. It was around a year ago when i was looking. I did save the web but it's in my other laptop which blew. Long story but i may be able to find it for you.

Thank you. xx

I use a slow cooker for hot flannels.
I soak flannels in water under tap. Put a little water in slow cooker then add soaking wet flannels. I was told (cant remember who by) not to fill the slow cooker with water and was advised this way. Sometimes i add a little jasmine oil and swirl the flannels around.
I have the slow cooker either warm or low setting. You find the flannels are really hot, so be careful. However they do cool down very quickly. hth

An alternative to a slow cooker for hot towels is a steamer. I bought an excellent one from ASDA for about £6.00 two years ago and it is still going strong. The towels are very hot when ready so I use a pair of tongs to jiggle them about.

For removal of body scrubs I use heated mittens. If you do not have a steam cabinet, heat in the microwave for 3 minutes. It is much nicer for the client to remove the scrub with a hot steam mitten.

The same applies for removal of masque, although I tend to remove the bulk of the masque with hot water and large oversized mittens, then go over the area with heated mittens to remove any residue.

Tracey V Williams
Dermalogica Skincare Products Online|Authorised UK Stockist Home |Time Of Life

Latest posts

Back