Bonded hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heresjojo

Reaction score
Hey girls and guys.

Just had my hair bonded for the first time ever and can i say wow.. i love it , now i know alot of people say its really bad for your hair , but im oblivious as i havent had them before... I just have a few Questions.

I had my hair done wedneday night.. and i think i have been doing this right..
wash my hair with shampoo in the shower .. wash it out . and then just do the ends in conditioner.. and the top of my hair in conditioner then wash it straight out.

do after a few days the glue come down a bit as a few of the bonds seem to have just moved only the tinyest bit .

this is day 4 and i havent attemped to straighten my hair since having them done ..

i sleep with my hair in a ponytail like i been told and brush my hair from the bottom going up holding the bond with my other hand so it doesnt pull.

am i doing anything wrong and is it normal if the glue does slide down a incy wincy bit ?
x

Can i ask how long you left it after having them put in till you washed it?
Oh and when you say bonded do you mean prebonded hair ?

Hello i had hem done wednesday night and washed them sat morning .?

i brought the hair and he did everything else.. putting the glue on the hair..x

Hi heresjojo, I am happy to hear that you like your extensions :) you say you condition the ends in the shower and then rinse..... then you condition the top part and then rinse ? .....

if you are putting conditioner on the top part of your hair in the shower and then rinsing it .... this may be flooding the bonds with conditioner and conditioner can affect the bonds,

It is usual to lose a few bonds during the first week or two ,
but just keep hold of them till your maintenance appointment is due and they can be popped back in again

Whoops i completely missed the fact that she was conditioning the bonds!!! Thats what u get for speed reading!!!
As Minky says only apply conditioner to the midlengts and ends , and make sure you are using shampoo and conditioners that are suitable for extensions!!!
Surely you were given aftercare products and advice.

Hi I have a question i too have bonded hair extensions i have had them about a month now and they are great, however we are due to move in the summer holidays so i cant really get them done again as i would like to. So my question is when they are taken out how do they get taken out and does this leave any lasting effect on my natural hair, I had the back of my hair slightly thinned when they were put in to add the style but im scared now.
Many thanks

Hi I have a question i too have bonded hair extensions i have had them about a month now and they are great, however we are due to move in the summer holidays so i cant really get them done again as i would like to. So my question is when they are taken out how do they get taken out and does this leave any lasting effect on my natural hair, I had the back of my hair slightly thinned when they were put in to add the style but im scared now.
Many thanks

Hi beautifulnails, the most important thing before having your extensions taken out is to make sure you have your maintenance done mid way ,
( yours will be due in a week or so )

maintenance involves trimming off natural shedding that become trapped in the bonds (the ones that normally go down the plughole ) getting maintenance done will prolong the life of your extensions.... they will move more freely and won't become dread locked at the roots .

Take a close look in the mirror at a few bonds , at the stage you are now ... you will be able to see lots of naturally fallen loose hairs trapped in your bonds .....some of these will have little white bits on them which are your old hair bulbs which have come to the end of their natural life ,
this is the old hair that normally goes down the plug hole or you find it in the hair brush..

but now its bonded and it has nowhere else to go so it gets trapped in the bonds
and if you dont get the old hairs trimmed away
the bonds will deadlock around themselves , and it will make removal much much harder
so much so... that you will probably be charged twice as much for removal as it will take ages to untangle your hair

So please go and book in with a professional for your maintenance and it will be so much easier to remove them.

You will really feel the difference after maintenance .... as they will separate and move more freely at the root again,

At removal the bonds are dissolved with a solution depending on what the bonds are made of ..... then they are usually crushed with a special tool and solution is applied so they will gently slide out with the help of your extensionist , but you will need a professional to do this job for you....

This way you can be sure your hair will still be in excellent condition afterwards .... they can also trim the line back out that they first put in at first .... if you want them to,
hth :) minky

Hey Minky
Thankyou so much for your advice - my hairdresser hasnt mentioned about maintenance appt but yes there are a couple that look like that will discuss it with him.
Youve alsoput my mind at ease over the taking out process as my natural hair is shoulder length th extensions are 40cm so quite long. I am loving them and wished didnt have to remove but hey ho...

Thankyou so much again. x x x x

...my hairdresser hasnt mentioned about maintenance appt but yes there are a couple that look like that will discuss it with him...
...I am loving them and wished didnt have to remove but he ho

Your hairdresser shouldnt have really fitted them without making you aware that maintenance every 4 - 6 weeks is required and confirmed the date of appointments (for a first wash and also your first maintenace appointment ) on the day of application!!!

If you bought high quality hair then you will be able to keep your hair after removal and reuse it.
:D

Latest posts

Back