Book series/trilogies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVED flowers in the attic books!! Ohhh I may have to dig those out again! As previously mentioned the true blood books are fab. And I loved the girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy. And for a bit of light hearted fluff sophie kinsellas shopaholic series are great fun xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My mum has the collection of these but they're in the attic so waiting for them to be brought down, whenever that will be lol

Get hunting lol, fab reads :)

I LOVED flowers in the attic books!! Ohhh I may have to dig those out again! As previously mentioned the true blood books are fab. And I loved the girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy. And for a bit of light hearted fluff sophie kinsellas shopaholic series are great fun xx

You should, such a sad story and its true

I couldn't believe it when someone told me it was based on a true story. Its so sad. I have no idea where tgey are. In a box somewhere at my in laws.

Half way through the Harry potter books and I love them :) got the city of bones as well so they're sitting waiting to be read. Where do you all get your books? Shops/online/kindle/iBooks?

I've just finished reading a series of books called "deadwood" by Ann Charles, OMG would recommend them to anyone they're fab! It's a mystery, supernatural, humour and romance all in one! Theyre so funny, i dont normally like supernatural books but theses are so good, I read all 4 books in 4 days, the first one is called "nearly departed in deadwood" you won't regret reading it!

Another set of books I read are the "Gallagher girls", they're sorta a cross between Harry potter & Jacqueline wilson but I loved them, easy to read but gripping, the author also wrote "heist society" which I also found very good!

Another series is "odd Thomas" by dean koonzt again very good,

I love reading books that have follow ons they keep me more gripped an I can really get into them.

I'm such a bookworm! Xxxxx

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.....

3 rings for the Elven Kings under the sky
7 for the Dwarf Lords in their halls of stone
9 for Mortal men doomed to die
1 for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie

1 ring to rule them all , 1 ring to bind them
1 ring to bring them all and in the darkness find them
in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

Magic stuff!

Any new books anyone's reading? Have finished Harry potter and don't know what to read next :s

50 shades? Lol :eek:

I need some new books to read to! I've read all the books on my kindle 2/3 times now an know them cover to cover lol!
Just finished reading heist society by ally carter, they were good but quite teenagery. I've got whiskey sours to read next I read 1/2 the first one on holiday an never got round to finishing it, I know it's really good so far but for some reason can't get back in to it. Xxxx

Stieg Larsonn trilogy (Girl with Dragon Tattoo etc) Dark and wonderfully well-written by a political activist who died in possibly suspicious circumstances.
As a complete contrast, Brendan O'Carroll trilogy about Agnes Brown, if you enjoy Mrs Brown's Boys. As funny as the show, but very poignant and wise in parts, too.

Patricia Cornwell is a contemporary American crime writer. She is widely known for writing a popular series of novels featuring the heroine Dr. Kay Scarpetta, a medical examiner. Her first one in the series is called Post Mortem.

They're fantastic.

Harry potter , twilight , flowers in the attic .I'm 38 & love these books

I'm currently reading Game of Thrones (on the 2nd book) which is really good.

Sent from my ME371MG using SalonGeek mobile app

The only books I have read are all of the 50 shades of Grey books (loved them lol) and the hunger games (really good!) it takes me ages to find the right book. I only like books that are written in first person as well x

definitely read the mortal instruments but if I was you i'd read the infernal devices first. I personally preferred the infernal devices it had my in floods!

As a side note, I can't believe they've cancelled filming city of ashes its actually put me off watching city of bones knowing it will never be concluded.

Also if your enjoying harry potter try Garth nix keys to the kingdom series apparently they're for kids but I found them really dark also by Garth nix the old kingdom series the first book is called Sabriel which is for young adults.

Another vote for the hunger games one of my all time favourite reads!!!

For a more adult read try James Clemens The banned and the banished which starts with Wit'ch fire it might not be to everyones taste though as it is what I'd call a pure fantasy book I.e. Witches, trolls, elves etc but it is an amazing series!

I love books and read most genre's right now I'm reading Her Benny for probably the 15th time it was written in Victorian times set in Liverpool (my home town) and is about the plight of the street children then and is apparently based on 2 real children if you like tear jerkers you'll love this book. X

Flowers in attic
Harry potter (my 8 yr old just started fourth one in two weeks!)
Lord of rings
Philip Pullman dark materials
Deborah Harkness all souls trilogy (a discovery of witches is the first one)
Christopher Paolini eragon series
Jana Deleon - mudbug series
Twilight series
Steig Larsson - girl with dragon tattoo etc
Enid blyton - the faraway tree and wishing chair adventures
Arthur Ransome - swallows and amazons series

Ummm I could probably go on and on ........

Oh how could I forget ken follet pillars of earth series!!!!

Stieg Larsonn trilogy (Girl with Dragon Tattoo etc) Dark and wonderfully well-written by a political activist who died in possibly suspicious circumstances.
As a complete contrast, Brendan O'Carroll trilogy about Agnes Brown, if you enjoy Mrs Brown's Boys. As funny as the show, but very poignant and wise in parts, too.

Ohh, forgot about that trilogy (The Girl With .........) - well worth a read!

Latest posts

Back