Book series/trilogies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precious2013

Reaction score
What book series/trilogies have you read that are good? I have read the twilight series but don't know what else to read, not keen on just one off books, like something that's gonna last rather than having to hunt for new books after a couple of days

Hunger games is FAB
Beautiful creatures
The mortal instruments - my 2nd fav series after twilight
The infernal devices
Fallen series
Residue series
Divergent series
Delirium series

I like to read young adult fantasy (where twilight falls) even though im 28. I like the easy to read books, with a little love story to go with it.

My fav books and films are twilight. Next to that is the mortal instruments then the hunger games joint with the infernal devices. Then the rest are all as good as each other.

I've read all of the above series and more in the last 2 years but they are the ones I thought were good.

Are you a member of good reads?

I have the app on my iPhone and really like reading reviews ion books, you can add friends and see what books they are reading, and see their reviews etc.

Also if you a buy a book from amazon they have a section at the bottom of the screen which says

Other people who bought this book also bought .......
And I have found books there aswell.

Now I know what books i like to read I find it easy to find new books.

I'm currently on the delirium series and I can't put it down! I tend to read a book a week in average but sometimes i can read a book in 2 days. You'd never believe I own my own salon, employ 3 members of staff and have 3 kids, and love to see aswell! I even have a clean and tidy house lol the key is to loose sleep - sleep is for the weak ;)

Jemima :)

Last edited:
The Hunger Games trilogy is amazing! Then there's Harry Potter (I'm nearly 20 and it still dominates my entire life!)
The Dexter novels are good, there's 5 of those.
And if you want something raunchy, then 50 Shades of Grey!

Twilight is my favourite of all time but the gone series is AMAZING literally couldn't put it down. Mortal instruments are fab,hunger games,star crossed and dreamless are also favourites of mine. I've just got in from watching city of bones at the cinema and it is by far the best book to film I've ever seen!!! I could go on forever on here as I read all the time :) xx

Harry potter!
And the 'Shopaholic' series by Sofie Kinsella is hilarious! One of my faves :)

Laura💋

Or if you want 13 books of complete weirdness that you can't out down then Lemony Snickets Series of Unfortunate Events is a good one.
Kind of have to let your imagination just go with these!

Laura💋

Brilliant, thank you for all the input. My mum actually came up last night with the Harry potter collection and got stuck in already, love it so far! Will put all of the above on my list :) is there anywhere in particular you can get good deals on books? I used my iPad to download books but I hate it. Would rather have a book in my hand. My mum got the Harry potter books from the works discounted down :)

Brilliant, thank you for all the input. My mum actually came up last night with the Harry potter collection and got stuck in already, love it so far! Will put all of the above on my list :) is there anywhere in particular you can get good deals on books? I used my iPad to download books but I hate it. Would rather have a book in my hand. My mum got the Harry potter books from the works discounted down :)

Harry Potter is really the best I have ever read!

True blood (sookie stackhouse)
Harry potter
Twilight

My fav 3 in no particular order

If opportunity doesn't knock - build a door!

The works is fantastic but it can be a bit hit and miss over wether you get all the books. My other favourites are the fallen series!! Amazing and shiver & linger are fab too. I'm a bit of a book freak and tend to preorder first edition signed from water stones as I'm obsessed!!!! :) xx

Karen Rose books are brill! Cx

There is a fab trilogy (so far) that folk are loving.
You can find them in Amazon.
A Very Corporate Affair 1,2 & 3 by Dawn Latham :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

I have tried to read Harry potter but just can't get I to them :( I haven't even read 1/4 of the first one. I think I might give it another go.

I've added a few books to my good reads list to read :)

I buy all books through amazon and use the kindle all on my iPhone/ipad and also use my kindle. I've never been a book person and love the ease and convenience of my kindle, I can have a new book in a few seconds.

:)

I have tried to read Harry potter but just can't get I to them :( I haven't even read 1/4 of the first one. I think I might give it another go.

I've added a few books to my good reads list to read :)

I buy all books through amazon and use the kindle all on my iPhone/ipad and also use my kindle. I've never been a book person and love the ease and convenience of my kindle, I can have a new book in a few seconds.

:)

I've finished the first Harry potter book and loved it, starting the second one tonight, they are so easy read. Hate books where you have to try hard to get into it. Will be reading all books mentioned above :) ill be busy til Christmas lol

If you find reading hard to commit to try downloading the audio books - that's how I got through the Harry Potter series. They're read by Stephen Fry and I found it truly relaxing.

I'm not particularly into sci-fi but I love the Ender's Game books by Orson Scott Card. :)

AltonBeauty

Twilight is my favourite of all time but the gone series is AMAZING literally couldn't put it down. Mortal instruments are fab,hunger games,star crossed and dreamless are also favourites of mine. I've just got in from watching city of bones at the cinema and it is by far the best book to film I've ever seen!!! I could go on forever on here as I read all the time :) xx

I've just seen TMI city of bones for the second time. It was amazing. I'm in love with Jamie Campbell Bower (even before this) he is perfect for Jace IMHO. He is a very pretty boy am she is my screen saver and background on my ipad - how childish is that!

Philip Pullmans "Dark Materials" trilogy. It's supposed to be a children's / teenager series, but adults will get sooooo much more from it reading between the lines that kids just won't understand ifkwim (wont spoil it by elaborating!). I think I probably enjoyed it more than the Harry Potter books due to the underlying nuances. Because it's primarily written for kids, it is also very easy reading!

Also, again a young persons series, but if you've never read the Chronicles of Narnia, (Lion, Witch and Wardrobe ...........), these are well worth a go xxx

I've just seen TMI city of bones for the second time. It was amazing. I'm in love with Jamie Campbell Bower (even before this) he is perfect for Jace IMHO. He is a very pretty boy am she is my screen saver and background on my ipad - how childish is that!

Me and my friend are going again this week. Yeah couldn't imagine anybody better for jace! It is best book to film I've seen. And all the actors were perfect for the roles! Twilight films were good, hunger games was a lot more tame than the book and beautiful creatures was just a massive let down! I was so mad as I don't think it was even 1% as good as the book. I'm one of those sad people that goes the day the films come out and queued for midnight viewings of twilight wearing my twilight jumper and cried when Bdpt 2 was finished!
I really want to go again now I'm obsessed :)

I love:

Flowers in the attic, 2 pence to cross the Mersey, Shopaholic Series
and I heart London/Vegas/Paris

I love:

Flowers in the attic, 2 pence to cross the Mersey, Shopaholic Series
and I heart London/Vegas/Paris

My mum has the collection of these but they're in the attic so waiting for them to be brought down, whenever that will be lol

Latest posts

Back