Boosting posts on Facebook page?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsRus

Reaction score
Hi everyone was just wondering if anyone would recommend paying to boost your posts on your nail pages on Facebook?
Has anyone done this if so do they just take the one payment or do you get tied into it every month?
Thanks in advance x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Be interested to know this myself, s i have a new hairdresser starting with us soon, and want her busy :-D

I have quite frequently boosted posts, and often got new clients from it. You can choose your budget - I usually do about £10 and it will reach several thousand people. You need to be careful of wording - things like "Today we have a special offer..." as sometimes the post is still going the next day. You can target friends of existing clients or specify your age range, locale, gender etc.

There was some good advice on here about using pics and humour. I have used my very handsome brown and white dog to promote my spray tans which had a lot of engagement/likes etc and got people interested!

Hope that helps

Vicki x

What type of Facebook page do you have Vicki ?

Dani x

Is it better to have a facebook 'like page attached to your personal profile, create a group for your business or set up a completely new page for it?
Many thanks x

Is it better to have a facebook 'like page attached to your personal profile, create a group for your business or set up a completely new page for it?
Many thanks x

You can create new business pages from your personal page, I have three business pages set up like this, so you can move between all of them with your log in details that you have to access your personal page. All my business pages that are attached to my personal page have the like facility, page insights, and offers they allow people to like the page but not friend request. Anyone using any of my pages can not see my other business or personal page. If you go to your personal page and into the drop down box as if you were going to log out you will see 'create page' click on that and you can build your business page...just remember to click on 'local business or place' or 'company, organisation or institution' I have both of these pages and haven't yet managed to spot the difference in them. HTH

What type of Facebook page do you have Vicki ?

Dani x

Hi Dani
I have a business page. I have a personal profile just to run my page and to manage it but I'm not a fb fan (far too miserable) so I use a pseudonym and have no friends - on Facebook that is.

Vicki x

I have a business page linked to my personal page. I also wondered about the boost post thing.
The page app is rubbish though,well I find it is anyway. It doesn't always show who your likes are etc unless they are your friend.

I have a facebook page i ask clients when theyre in to like the page then they usually tag themselves in a status which their friends obviously see. add add add. Get yur name out there. Your loyal clients will help you by promting on facebook. Never pay for it!!

As far as I understand it you cannot tag or be tagged on a business page. Your clients can like or share your posts and their friends will see that but the way fb works for a business page is different to personal but please feel free to correct me.

Vicki x

It doesn't always show who your likes are etc unless they are your friend.
Yes but it's down to their privacy settings - if their likes are not public you won't see them.
I also boost posts now and again targetting ladies in my local area - I always get new likes, it'a a very cheap advertising.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for the replies everyone Squidgernetball if I were to pay to boost would fb take that amount out every month? X

As far as I understand it you cannot tag or be tagged on a business page. Your clients can like or share your posts and their friends will see that but the way fb works for a business page is different to personal but please feel free to correct me.

Vicki x

I thought this but found that I could tag people, definitely in photos, when on a laptop/computer but can't on my phone x

I've paid to boost a post twice on my page. Got about 3 new likes each time. However I did get someone interested in some treatments, but she was in Scotland. Im in Essex lol.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Xx

I thought this but found that I could tag people, definitely in photos, when on a laptop/computer but can't on my phone x

I think people check in at your business page as appose to tag

Thanks for the replies everyone Squidgernetball if I were to pay to boost would fb take that amount out every month? X

No, you just pay for that one time.

I have a business page and it has got me new clients. I can tag people on pics of their nails etc but only from my laptop, not iPhone or iPad which is annoying. I advertise a lot on a fb carboot page in my area and have got lots of clients from that because if someone goes on there asking for a spray tan/nails/wax usually a few people tag me on it or recommend me.

I've paid to boost a post twice on my page. Got about 3 new likes each time. However I did get someone interested in some treatments, but she was in Scotland. Im in Essex lol.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Xx

Did you target your post for your location? That would probably yield better results and get more people in Essex interested.

You can tag people on your iPhone if u log through google / desktop site! That's how I do it (although they have to be your friend) xx

Latest posts

Back