Bored with terrible wear but love colour-LA Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautytan

Reaction score
I've been using LA tan for a while now love the colour but the smell and the wear off aren't to good. The price is excellent though. I have tried OMG colour was orange, Laurens way did have an orange tint aswell. tried the more expensive brands also but people are going for price these days not brands. I'm currently mobile but my salon is opening the end of may and want the best. any one tried and think they have a better solution.

I've just started using LA Tan and am trying to phase out Sienna X which is what I was originally using, I've found LA Tans fade off to be better? But to be honest I've found with most spray tans, for me personally it all boils down to how I've looked after it and if I've been good with moisturising! I hope you find a solution you love. I think you'll find everyone has different opinions on different solutions, why not order samples from different companies?:)

I've been using LA tan for a while now love the colour but the smell and the wear off aren't to good. The price is excellent though. I have tried OMG colour was orange, Laurens way did have an orange tint aswell. tried the more expensive brands also but people are going for price these days not brands. I'm currently mobile but my salon is opening the end of may and want the best. any one tried and think they have a better solution.

which of the tans are you using?i use la tan gold and find it fades beautifully x

Give nouvatan a try, they do sample sizes
Fabulous colour, wear off isn't patchy, smells good and not a hint of orange!
Customer service is great too
Sarah x

I second that about nouvatan, it's amazing lasts forever and fades away practically unnoticeable xx

Xen-tan,is the best one i've trialed and i've been trialing 2 yrs,lol.x

Thanks, I keep seeing nouvatan pop up so think I will give them a try :) x

Thanks, I keep seeing nouvatan pop up so think I will give them a try :) x

Nouvatan is great however it is a golden tan so completely different colour to LA. I stock both Nouvatan and LA Tan so I can offer a golden based and brown based tan. If you are looking for a similar colour to LA then you are best to try some samples from other companies that stock brown based solutions. Some companies you may want to contact are (sorry for any repeats): Suntana, White to brown, Xen Tan, Laurens Way, OMG!, Fresh Indulgence, Trinitia.

Everyone seems to have there own preferences, likes and dislikes when it comes to tan solutions. Best to just give them a try and judge for yourself. If you have a search through threads you will come across a wealth of opinions for and against various brands.

If you are still having problems with wear off then it may be worth while double checking your gun settings and spraying technique. I would also review the solution % you are using on your clients, generally stronger %= poorer wear off. HTH x

Nouvatan is great however it is a golden tan so completely different colour to LA. I stock both Nouvatan and LA Tan so I can offer a golden based and brown based tan. If you are looking for a similar colour to LA then you are best to try some samples from other companies that stock brown based solutions. Some companies you may want to contact are (sorry for any repeats): Suntana, White to brown, Xen Tan, Laurens Way, OMG!, Fresh Indulgence, Trinitia.

Everyone seems to have there own preferences, likes and dislikes when it comes to tan solutions. Best to just give them a try and judge for yourself. If you have a search through threads you will come across a wealth of opinions for and against various brands.

If you are still having problems with wear off then it may be worth while double checking your gun settings and spraying technique. I would also review the solution % you are using on your clients, generally stronger %= poorer wear off. HTH x
I have to echo this info^^

Nouvatan is a golden tan so will not live up to your expectations if you like the colour of LA Tan.

I Find the wear off of LA Tan to be great and have no troubles with it unless it is a high percent tan with no aftercare or you are overloading the skin with too much DHA (gun setting too high).

Latest posts

Back