Botox law

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardell

Reaction score
Hi all. A while ago I had a doctor come and do Botox/lip fillers in my salon occasionally when we had bookings. I never really liked him as a person and he was often late but he was good at his job. Anyway he messed around with one ladies appointment too many times so I ended up looking elsewhere and since then have been using a lovely nurse who has her own Botox business and comes in for my appointments too. The doctor has recently found out I'm using someone else. I did tell them at the time and why, although they seem to have forgotten that. They are now "informing me" (sounded more like threatening) thats it's illegal now to do this procedure in salons. I've googled a lot, with no luck. Can anyone tell me if it please or is the doctor just being sour? X

I'm pretty sure a doctor has to do it OR be on site supervising.. not 100% sure but wouldn't of thought a nurse would suffice.

Dentist can also.

I have a feeling a lot of these Botox clinics etc are going to come in to problems like the teeth whitening has.

As far as I know you just have to be medically qualified to offer Botox, so nurses, doctors, dentists can all offer it, as long as they have a doctor prescribing it for them. Sounds like he's just being bitter! x

Sounds like sour grapes.

My understanding is that the Nurse Prescriber must be trained in this specific area of aesthetics, then it's ok. Unless the rules have recently changed?

Sounds like sour grapes.

My understanding is that the Nurse Prescriber must be trained in this specific area of aesthetics, then it's ok. Unless the rules have recently changed?

AcidPerm is correct.
Only Dr's, Nurses and Dentists are able to administer Botox and fillers providing they have undergone proper regulated aesthetics training.

Think it was 2013 this was passed, it still can be done in salons providing the above 3 listed have a designated sterile room

Edit...just found this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-Botox-jabs-bid-cut-botched-procedures.html

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Nurses can definitely do it, I get it done from a nurse practitioner who was officially trained in it by a plastics doctor. However it is a largely unregulated business as anyone can order filler (my practitioner informed me) I know of others however that are not in the medical field and completed necessary courses to offer such treatment x

Sent from my HTC One mini using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi
It's just sour grapes, ignore him. You can administer botox if you are Dr, nurse, dentist. Nurses ideally should be independent prescriber.
If he has bad sour grapes he may check your replacement has insurance and clinical waste contract and can only administer Bocouture brand of botox without a pharmacy fridge to store it in.

The premises should be clinically clean too with written cleaning schedule :)

Latest posts

Back