Botox & remote prescribing.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspired

Reaction score
For those of you that adminster botox & have an IP remote prescribe for you, how practical is it, honestly? Im considering doing the training but Im not an IP & was just wondering how it works in practice? PM me if you'd prefer! Can anyone help?

Hi Inspired, are you a registered nurse? If so, in order to administer botox you would have to be a qualified independent prescriber. Remote prescribing is in breach of Section 11 of the NMC's "Standards for Medicines Management" and therefore illegal - this is a Standard and not a guideline (very important). The only safe way would be for your patient to be assessed during a FACE TO FACE consultation with a qualified prescribing medical professional, ie doctor, nurse prescriber or dentist, who could then issue the prescription and you would then be able to administer.

The NMC have also clarified that they would not consider video conferencing, email consultations and faxed prescriptions as FACE to FACE. The NMC's stance on this is very clear. So in short, you can not now administer botox using a remote service. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi,

I agree with daisyl on this one. It's against the NMC rules to use a remote px to administer botox and you'd be risking your registration and wouldn't be covered on your insurance if anything went wrong so it isn't worth it!

Best thing to do would be work with a presciber who can do the consults face to face for you or do the non-medical prescribing course then you can be fully independent!

Hope this helps...feel free to contact me if you have any more questions. There are potential options for doing the non-medical prescribing course without paying the thousands that some places are charging and it's something I did so I'd be happy to discuss this with you.

BotoxBoy
Adam Williams Aesthetics - Manchester City Centre Clinic - Home

Latest posts

Back