Botox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showson

Reaction score
Had Botox on Friday and not see. Any difference yet how long did it take for any of you to see results and was you pleased with it x

Takes up to a week for it to settle and the results to show.

Ok thanks just started to think I had wasted my money x

Every area takes a different length of time to start working for example the forehead around 5 days, x

It's my eyes and frown lines I have had done x

On your frown lines it depends how deep they was but you should notice a difference in just over a week about 10 days and if it's yours crows feet about 4-5 days. Hope that's helps hun

Yes it does thank you can u still use your eye creams etc x

hi ,our team of clinicians always say wait 2 weeks to see full results -as in our experience it can still be working up to that point.we then offer a top up or tweak if required.hope that helps x

Yeah I am booked in for a two week appointment just really hard waiting lol as I want to see my lines go and I suppose u always expect it to be instant with Botox keeping looking every day lol just scared as it my first time that it won't work lol x

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are not given adequate aftercare advice following botox. This is after all prescription medicine.

Botox can take anything up to two weeks to have effect, sometimes longer. There is no rule for 'which area is injected'. It is not an instant response. You would normally be offered a 2 week follow up appointment for review. Expect to see gradual improvement over the course of the following two weeks.

Quite simply if you were not provided with this information (including aftercare) next time seek an alternative clinic. ALL my clients leave my clinic with this information as a bare minimum.

Takes around 10 days, depends on the area though x

Thank you all for your replies I will wait and see what happens over the next few weeks x

Hi,

I too am a little surprised that you weren't given the full info about how long it would take and the proper after care!

Botox and other products containing botulinum toxin type A have different effects on different people so the response is always slightly different.

2 week follow up appointments should be the norm and not the exception, especially with new clients so I'm glad that you have this in place. I always advise it can take on average 2 weeks and even up to 21 days for the full effect to kick in giving your final result.

Also, at the two week point occasionally clients may need a few more unit put in to enhance the result and this is always included in the original quote with my clients.

So yes, wait a bit longer and good luck with the result!

:Look_righBotoxBoy:Look_left

hi just wondered if you had seen any results as yet?.must agree with Botox boy that it also depends on the type of Botox used .on many occasions we have patients who say little or no response to some types of Botox. within our clinic in Doncaster we offer all patients quality products, full post treatment advice plus always a follow up appointment 2-4 weeks is offered.i think often a good indicator here is -if its cheap ,its often cheap for a reason when it comes to Botox,results and the service provided.

Gaynor
Face Facts Aesthetics & Beauty

I have seen some improvement but not the results that i exxpected, have my follow up appointment on friday so hoping that she is gonna give me a top up.

I was always under the impression that when you had botox that the lines went completely but will see what is said on friday will post and let you know.

Thanks for asking and taking in interest i did look at your salon on the internet as i to live in doncaster but went with a friend of my partners as we knew her.

I was always under the impression that when you had botox that the lines went completely but will see what is said on friday will post and let you know.

This is incorrect. It is important to understand we are not treating in order for perfection or 100% correction. you should expect 'improvement'. Your expectations should have been managed and this pointed out? Results need to be natural and realistic, as opposed to the obvious 'cosmetic' appearance.

Botox treats lines which move via muscular contraction (dynamic). Botox WILL NOT treat lines due to sun damage or other environmental factors (static) - in other words lines not formed by muscle movement.

Hope you have a satisfactory review.

Hi im sorry to hear you feel a little disappointed -maybe the top up will help and give you what you are looking for .
We use the original branded Botox as we find fab long lasting results with that type of Botox-costs a little more but we feel worth it .
Keep in touch and let us know how things go x

Gaynor
Face Facts Aesthetics & Beauty

Had a top up yesterday cause there was really not much improvement at all the lady said in two weeks if I'm still not happy with the results go back x

hi,again thanks for keeping us posted ,but its a shame you sound still a little dissappointed .just to clarify are they offering another review and top up in 2 weeks time ,if so is there a cost for this ?.Just a s a matter of interest,do you know what type of botox is being used .x

Gaynor
Face Facts Aesthetics and Beauty

Latest posts

Back