Bows on nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalizy

Reaction score
Hi I am quite interested in having a go at putting bows on nails, I only do natural nails with opi polish or gel and have never had a go at this so I am not sure what to use and how to go about it
Hope someone can help
Saw it on a lady the other day and thought it looked great

if you only do natural nails I'd say you'd need to purchase ready-made bows and use nail glue to adhere them. Or if you want bows that aren't 3D, then you can paint them on with a dotting tool and regular polish.

Hi thanks for replying.
What glue would you recommend and what do you use to remove it at a later date, also do you put the bows on top of the top coat or paint top coat over the bows :o

I'd try Cnd gel bond (used for nail tips). It works fine for me 😀x

yup, gel bond works great :) What I would do is base coat, 2x colour, top coat, glue on bow.....if it's a small bow you could top coat after adding the bow, large bows though and it might look sloppy.

if you are painting them then I would paint bows ontop of colour coat and top coat afterwards

Thanks for the replies, I will give it a go. What do I remove them with??

How easy are these to knock off accidentally?

I had mine on for about two weeks and they only came off because I took them off. So I could reuse them I just snapped them off my nails. The only thing left was the glue and no damage done xx

Hi
Just ordered some bows but really need to know how to remove them from either natural nails or opi gel color
Thanks

I trialled these out last week and just had 2 bows on my accent fingers. But oh my god it felt like I had an impediment and I was terrified of knocking them incase I accidentally knocked them off and ripped my whole nail off in the process! They did look nice but in my opinion they are not practical (I didn't even dare make my bed that day!) I think they'd be nice for a one off like a party but there's no way I could live with them for a couple of weeks!!

Hi
Just ordered some bows but really need to know how to remove them from either natural nails or opi gel color
Thanks

Mine were on top of hard gel and I got a really thin file under them and gently filed them off. The filing was minimal and didn't even break through to the colour coat.

I trialled these out last week and just had 2 bows on my accent fingers. But oh my god it felt like I had an impediment and I was terrified of knocking them incase I accidentally knocked them off and ripped my whole nail off in the process! They did look nice but in my opinion they are not practical (I didn't even dare make my bed that day!) I think they'd be nice for a one off like a party but there's no way I could live with them for a couple of weeks!!

They are very sweet but maybe they would be less vulnerable if they were a bit smaller? ie smaller than the width of the nail? Can you get smaller ones? x

I love my bows xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351288678.063973.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351288678.063973.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 3,538
They are very sweet but maybe they would be less vulnerable if they were a bit smaller? ie smaller than the width of the nail? Can you get smaller ones? x

Yeah you're right would be much better smaller but I've yet to find any. Xx

I have acrylic molds (lil bows),can i use those to put on my gel nails (i use gelish) like put the gel color polish on,put the top it off coat on,put the acrylic mold on then cure it?

Hi
Both your photos look brill

Would you only put them on gel nails not natural nails

The ones on my nails are made up myself with white acrylic , so it bonds to the nails and does not stick out !! U just got to practice xxx

Latest posts

Back