Boys & Nail Varnish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat Tov

Reaction score
Scary!!!!! Today I received my first bottle of Creative Super Shiney. I was happily painting away on my little nibbled plates, trying desperately to make them look alittle bit better when my son wanted his doing!!!?!! :eek: :Scared: He is 10 years old and bits his nails so badly. I thought to myself well if it makes him like them enough to not put them in his mouth, (mine aren't as bad as his I must add! LOL) then its worth doing so now the two of us have 'super shiney' nails. :) It truly is fab stuff. I've never has anything that is creative before but I'm impressed...........

You think that is mad my 5 year old keeps getting me to paint his nails with doggys but as soon as he goes to football they have to come off "cos its embarassing" his words not mine, i asked him why he has them then his answer "cos the girls like them".

Starting young that one lol
x

My son has always paid huge interest in hair things, make up, nails etc.... I've never encouraged him but then i've not really forced his interest to stop! If he gets to 18 and still does it I might be alittle concerned but hey - my thoughts are that he might become a Grand Master Geek Rival!!!?? Wow..... how fab would that be?? or maybe even a 'make up artist! (I'll never go out with bad slap on ever again! LOL) He is rather talented with art & has just completed a digital art course where by 1 child from surrounding schools were selected to take part in an 'able & talented course. I'm just gonna go with the flow & enjoy him, enjoying the same things as me whilst I still can......... Good to hear others experiences though, I guess it's part of curiosity & learing!

I think your son scattyfox has learned quickly, what interests the girls - clever boy!! :) (Lock up your daughters everyone!!!)

You could be right there, defintitly his fathers son lol.

Never thought that hewould come and be a nail tech in the future but stranger things ahave happened, he loves to sit in my nail room and play with the paints and dotters will ahve to teach him how to use them safely and not all over my nice clean table though lol.
x

i think it is nice that men are in touch with there feminin side. My mate has managed to convince her partner to be a model for her whilst she was training, he had gel and L and P overlays, and was quite happy with them. I think its nice. Bless em!

well........ my soon to be 11 year old son has been making a bookmark at school, its cross stitch and he's been really trying to make a good job of it! nothing wrong with that I hear you say!!:cool:

whilst I had my friend round the other day he wanted to nip over to the sweet shop to buy some sweets...... he came home with...... one of those elasticated sweet necklaces with a heart on it that said 'be mine'!!! then he asked.....' have you seen my sewing :eek::Scared:???' PMSL!!!

I said ' I suppose you'll be wearing my knickers next??' LMAO!

Good job he could see the funny side

My son Ty who has just turned 2 years loves his nails being painted, make-up put on and also dressing up in his siters dressing up outfits bless him.

If I let him he would also go out with his hair up LOL!!!!! he likes having a little bit of hair tied up like Sydney.

I quite like seeing this bless him one day he will make such a wondeful hubby for some nice girl.

Ty last year one of his dressing up games.

Caz xxx

scattyfox said:
You think that is mad my 5 year old keeps getting me to paint his nails with doggys but as soon as he goes to football they have to come off "cos its embarassing" his words not mine, i asked him why he has them then his answer "cos the girls like them".

Starting young that one lol
x

LMAO,

Thats SOOOOOOO cute!!!!

Hi All

When I am practising my nail art my son comes and sits with me and loves to practise painting tips with me. He is 11 1/2 and will be going up to high school in September. There is nothing "girly" about him at all! I was very shocked the first time he asked if he could "have a go" but I let him and when I have the paints out we sit quiet and paint away. Ok so he makes a mess, but it is soon cleaned up (yes by me!) but it is nice "me and him" time which we dont get often now he is getting older, plus he has always been a daddy's boy, so I cherish these times.

He even wanted me to paint EFC (his favourite football team) on his nails for school! I didnt, so he did it himself! LOL

I think the best thing to do is let them have a play safely with you and dont make a big deal out of it.

Love

Debbie xxx

Ahhh bless. Aren't kids great :)

My son also loves to have his nails painted (he's 3 now).. And he does the old dressing up as well - but I think that's his sister nagging him to play dress ups with her..

It gets a bit embarrassing though when you're trying to answer the door, and your child is standing there next to you wearing nothing buy fairy wings :rolleyes:

I'm sooo glad it's not just my lad that enjoys make-up and dressing up...

Anna

my three boys love getting my paints out and painting their designs on nail tips,
but i am not allowed to ever mention it to their mates.lol
when my youngest was little when i used to get my nails done by paula he would make her save the cut off tips and selotape them to his fingers........pmsl

Painted nails.......lol. I'm wearing pink and whites......just ask Ruth (Nailsinlondon1). Do I get strange looks....yeah of course I do but it advertises my work.......lol
David

Nat Tov said:
Scary!!!!! Today I received my first bottle of Creative Super Shiney. I was happily painting away on my little nibbled plates, trying desperately to make them look alittle bit better when my son wanted his doing!!!?!! :eek: :Scared: He is 10 years old and bits his nails so badly. I thought to myself well if it makes him like them enough to not put them in his mouth, (mine aren't as bad as his I must add! LOL) then its worth doing so now the two of us have 'super shiney' nails. :) It truly is fab stuff. I've never has anything that is creative before but I'm impressed...........
My two year old boy Ryan, currently has 'Strawberry Smoothie' with Super shiney over and toughen up under!! He is always asking me to do his nails and I just put solaroil on normally, but I thought 'what the hell!' I'll do it for him!!

The morning after I did it, he was climbing onto my bed and stopped...My husband and I looked at him and wondered what he was doing...Then we realised he was admiring his nails, as his fingers were splayed out on the bed....lol

I am concerned though, my 4 year old daughter Leah wants l&P pink and white sculpted....I have refused to do it until she is 16. I am not looking forward to the next 12 years of saying, 'No you are not having them!!'....Secretely, I can't wait to do them...its torture...we have these lovely willing little models!!!

Ryan will not be left out of it when the time comes...however, I amd not sure he will be so willing when he is 16!!

Jaydee said:
Painted nails.......lol. I'm wearing pink and whites......just ask Ruth (Nailsinlondon1). Do I get strange looks....yeah of course I do but it advertises my work.......lol
David
Cool!! :) I am going to get my husband one night :twisted: !!!! hee hee

My 1 year old boy likes to play around with my stuff....i have a little pink case that i use for my henna stuff its only small but its just the right size for him to carry around!! He loves it!

My fiance broke his leg a few months ago, because he wasn't really in a position to stop me I kept painting his toe nails!!! He slowly got used to it!! He went through every colour in the rainbow!!

He's fairly good at putting up with me cos I like to use him as my guinea pig!!! It has worked to his advantage though cos now he gets a DermaNew Microdermabrasion facial every month -- he loves them!!

Latest posts

Back