Braided weave

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly11

Reaction score
Hey Geeks

I’m doing my first ever hair extensions course on Monday the salon is called Ashleigh hair in Warrington , they have said I wil be doing tapeins and braided weave , I’ve had to pay for both or can just do one , before I pay can anyone please help me and let me know it is worth knowing and paying extra for braided weave does anyone ask for that anymore

Thanks

Kelly

Is the course fully accredited by a reputable source?
Check who is accrediting the course and contact them directly to check that it’s genuine and also that the trainer teaching the course is also fully qualified to teach. Don’t rely on potentially dodgy website info.

If it’s not fully accredited, you’ll be wasting your money because you won’t be able to obtain insurance to set up in business.

I don’t know anything about your particular course but there are lots of threads on here from geeks who have paid for extensions training and discovered that their certificate is worthless.

If you’re not already a qualified hairdresser, be prepared to spend time practising basic sectioning patterns and remember that you won’t be insured to cut clients own hair.

Hi

Thanks for your advice , the salon is fully accredited and they said I will get my certificate at the end for my insurance , they also use virgin Russian hair to which I get trade price of it , is there a website I can go on to see if there company is legit even tho I’ve seen there instagram and face book and website pages with reviews , thanks Kelly

Who is it accredited by, that’s the question you must ask and then check it is legitimate. Contact the company offering accreditation.

A previous geek had been told her course was accredited by X company with their X company logo on the salon website etc. When she checked with X company, they had not heard of the salon and the course was not accredited by them. Unfortunately, the geek had already attended the training but the training was very poor and this had raised her suspicions to check further.

Don’t ever rely on social media/web pages for evidence of reputation. Much of it is pure fakery these days. :eek:

Latest posts

Back