Brands of professional gel without a qualification?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah1997xx

Reaction score
Hi I’m currently halfway through my level 2 and want to start building my portfolio up. I want to start collecting gel polishes as they are not cheap so wanted to buy them bit by bit and don’t know what products to use as most professional gels you need a qualification to purchase. I don’t want to purchase them from amazon/eBay as they might not be 100% genuine. Thanks

Hi I’m currently halfway through my level 2 and want to start building my portfolio up. I want to start collecting gel polishes as they are not cheap so wanted to buy them bit by bit and don’t know what products to use as most professional gels you need a qualification to purchase. I don’t want to purchase them from amazon/eBay as they might not be 100% genuine. Thanks

You’ve really answered your own question to be honest.

To buy professional system(s), you’ll need produce a certificate proving that you are qualified, but buying them through unauthorised sources such as amazon and eBay, you have no way of knowing if they’re genuine or not, and this in turn can give rise to other problems, such as allergic reactions and/or invalidating insurance cover.

Which system are you currently training with?

Currently training with IBD system. I have found a website where I can buy without producing a certificate has anybody used them before? https://www.nailpolishdirect.co.uk/

Currently training with IBD system. I have found a website where I can buy without producing a certificate has anybody used them before? https://www.nailpolishdirect.co.uk/

Why would you trust a site who profess to sell a professional only product but will sell it to a non pro?

I get you want to be ready, but put the money in a savings account rather than buy counterfeit goods

Sorry I am new to all this. What are genuine websites I only know of sweetsquared? Where do you buy all of your nail equipment from. Thanks

Also I don’t want to sound stupid but how would you know if the product is genuine or fake? Also do I need a different lamp for different brands of gel?

Also I don’t want to sound stupid but how would you know if the product is genuine or fake? Also do I need a different lamp for different brands of gel?

You’ll know products are genuine if they’re purchased from an authorised distributor of the brand, otherwise you run the risk of acquiring fakes.

As for gel lamps, they all have different outputs, so to be sure of accurate and correct curing, it’s always advisable to use the the recommended lamp to the system.

Do it right the first time, save your pennies and invest in an authentic gel system through the right channels.

Thanks for your help. It’s really appreciated! I’m going to use CND but as they only do a range of colours I’ll try other brands too. Will the cnd lamp be suitable for most ranges of gel?

All you need is paperwork to prove you're a student. So if you're filling it out online just send evidence of that instead of a professional certificate. That is what I had to do for Light Elegance, Cuccio and Ink.

SAme here, as soon as I passed my mani & pedi module I got my tutor to write a letter on headed paper confirming this & i sent it to S2 to set up an account.
Xx

If your doing a course at a colleague then you will be able to get a student trade card for Sally’s, That would give you access to the likes of gelish Gellux, opi gel colour. Opi and shellac are a similar formular but opi has a fantastic range of colours, so I’d give that a go, it’s not too pricey (about the going rate for professional product As the bottles are bigger then shellac) a uv lamp would cure both, but longer cure times, so you could have a cheaper uv lamp on hand whilst you try the system and see what you think. (Opi is also available from capital hair and beauty)

Ah thanks guys I’ve registered with Ellison’s does anyone purchase from there? I can buy gellux without a certificate so might try that as they are bigger bottles than shellac will try OPI also thanks x

Maybe see what you can get in Sally’s/salon services. Wait until they have their VAT free day on x

ELLisons have 10% off at the mo xx

If INK London will accept students (as mentioned above) I would definitely recommend trying their iLac gel polishes. They have a huge choice of colours and they are amazing value compared to many other brands. They come in 15ml bottles too and the quality seems to be excellent (I started using it recently and am very impressed so far)

Latest posts

Back