Brassy hair - Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EightyFive

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I have a client with fine long hair, base 6/7, strong yellow undertones and 15% grey. I used wella 7/1 and 6% welloxon but the colour wasn't quite ash enough and went brassy quickly, despite the client using professional hair care products and trying purple shampoo. The next time it was coloured, I opted for the 7/18 to counter the warm tones. Looked great initially but within three weeks, the colour had faded and the hair was looking brassy again.

Any recommendations for what I could try which won't go brassy between visits? Considering illumina 6/16 for its violet tone but worried it'll be too dark, so would maybe need to mix it? Think she'd be OK with darker as long as its not significantly darker.

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks

You could mix it with 8/69.

You could also put a few highlights in the parting, this will help break everything up, and if her hair is find, make it look a little thicker.

Like your thinking, thank you very much.

She does yes, although only on the layers at the front, so probably doesn't account for the brassiness at the roots. But could definitely be a contributory factor. Thanks for the reply

/1 won’t give you an ash result it’s there to subdue when lifting I would use something with some /8 and some /6

How often is she coming in?

Thanks for the advice. Every 5-6 weeks

Youd have to lift 2 levels past the level you're aiming for to make sure the exposed contributing pigment isn't taking over your desired ash result. 12% may be the way to go to get that desired lift past intense gold.

Latest posts

Back