Brazilian BlowDry - Is it ok to use a different brand of aftercare?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jookey_pookey

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a Brazilian Blowdry in December - the brand was Inoar. I am really happy with it, and until today my hair remains super soft and manageable.

I have ran out of the Inoar aftercare shampoo and conditioner. The salon where I bought it want to charge me more then what i paid for them in December and I can't find any on ebay or even by searching google. Weird huh!

Anyways... just wondering if it's safe to use a special post BBD shampoo and conditioner by another brand? Do they all pretty much contain the same ingredients?

Any thoughts appreciated. x

May I sneak in a question related to your thread please as I am also interested in the answer:

I had the brazilian blow out last week and am loving the results!! The system used was the keratin complex smoothing therapy by coppola ... can i use the la brasilia shampoo and conditioner?

I'm not a hair person, but I'm given to understand by Persianista, who is very definitely a hair person, that you must use a sodium chloride free product, but brand is not an issue.

Yeh I knew about products having to be sodium chloride free. I just wasn't sure if it's a good idea to keep to the same brand to help prolong the treatment. Thanks Lynne x

Yeh I knew about products having to be sodium chloride free. I just wasn't sure if it's a good idea to keep to the same brand to help prolong the treatment. Thanks Lynne x

we are a keraStraight salon and i can only speak with relation to this product but as long as its Sodium chloride free the brand does not matter ... you will however get the best results by sticking the the after care treatment in the same brand as the treatment itself.This is NOT essential though this will just prolong the life of the treatment as much as it possibly can.

Thanks Cesalon x

Happy to help

I went for the Toni and Guy Label M Lemongrass Shampoo and Conditioner (around £15 each.) It's what they recommend to their clients who have had a BBD with them to use as after-care - They're both organic products and don't contain any sodium chloride. I used them tonight and am happy with the results. :)

If you use the same brand shampoo and conditioner as the BBD you had they normally contain keratin to help you hair stay straighter/less frizzy for longer that's the only difference.

HTH

Latest posts

Back