Brazilian Blowdry whilst pregnant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollie89

Reaction score
Hi, I've just found out I'm 2-3 weeks pregnant 😃but my next 2 weeks consist of Brazilian blowdrys!!! I use Nov Max. I'm a bit worried about doing these now I'm pregnant because of the fumes, but don't want to cancell them yet till get bit more info I.e is their a mask I can wear to help with fumes?? Has anyone else experienced this? 1st time pregnancy so very worried so will appreciate any advice, thankyou x

I'd ring Emerson and ask him hun, I'd be interested to know the answer to this myself... He's really helpful I'm sure he'd advise u well x

Oh and congrats by the way :) x

Thankyou 😃 yes have asked him he recommends not in 1st 3 months, but have heard from others they still have. Don't know what to do? X

Hi, the Brazilian blow-dry shouldn't have any formaldehyde in it so you should be ok. The only fumes that come off it is maybe the heat is too high so that could cause must etc maybe. Hope this helps :)

I think ultimately it's down to u hun, I guess it's the same as bleaching the scalp there's no scientific evidence to prove it harms the baby but if it was me I think I'd be inclined to wait til 3 months anyway just to be safe x

Thankyou, think il get a mask and move them to 3 months time, if not spread them out as 1-2 a week instead of 2 a day!! Think it contains 0.02 of the formulade (not sure how you spell that) but think that's the legal limit x

Congrats!! Firstly there is no evidence that the product can be harmful. However you just can't be sure. Strangely enough I've never been pregnant (I'm male ;)) lol however I feel it is your own choice/risk but if it were my bestfriend or sister, I'd be advising her not to.
Much love,
Ryan x

Latest posts

Back