Pregnant & can't cope with doing so many clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NadiaH23

Reaction score
hey guys, I posted on here a while back when I first fell pregnant about what do people do when they have had their baby if they are a mobile hairdresser like myself!
I am now 27 weeks pregnant & im just finding the amount of work I have too much, I work Tuesday- Saturday , most days till 9 and a Saturday I do weddings which is about an 8 hour shift all in once the travel to the venue is involved!
I obviously can't let any of my brides down as they are relying on me but I'm finding even after doing 2 cut & Colours in the one day absolutely shattering, by the time I travel to their house and then it's a 3 hour appt on to the next one .. My diary is booked up right up until I have the wee one & im so scared I hurt myself or the baby, did anyone else decide to stop so early on or just totally slow it down? I'm so worried I make my clients mad if I cancel on them but I really don't know what to do :(
I am so emotionally attached to my work and it's not always a good thing ! Xx

Put your health and well-being first. Start reducing your hours by booking fewer appts. and add in plenty of proper breaks.
Don’t accept any more wedding bookings and see if you can find a friend to share the wedding bookings with.

Clients won’t care about you or your baby so you have to!

Hi Nadia, agreeing with AcidPerm on all the points. Many clients no matter how much they will worry about to when they are with you will only be caring while you are offering them the service. Finding a way to cut back your hours meaning to possibly have to cut back on your clients is very hard.
I am also very emotionally attached to my work and Not letting anyone down.
Although a different situation than pregnancy I was diagnosed with epilepsy two years ago meaning I could no longer drive. (I had been freelance mobile for 10 years)
The big difference has been working from home. If your clients still want you to be their hairdresser they will come to you.
This has been such a difference.
No more rushing about, stressing, sitting in traffic, loading/unloading. Time consumed trying to get clients to sit down for this hair ect.
Still working longer hours than i would like to sometimes but such a huge difference.
Is there any possibility of working from home? At least some of the Time.
Definately enquire into an assistant/partner for weddings if that cuts down on your time.
Yours and baby's health is no 1 at the end of the day it's only hair.
Best of luck on everything x

Thanks guys , I keep trying to tell myself it's only hair and then I panic I don't think theirs any way of me working from home at the moment as I just don't have the set up for it & my partner isn't keen on the idea of coming in & all these random ladies in the house Ideally I would like to rent a chair but most people have always said when I asked them about this that they don't like to go into a salon. I'll just need to try sort something out as theirs not long left for me until I have the little one & I don't want to end up causing any issues for the rest of my pregnancy xx

Agree with the above, Its fab your so busy too though x

Thanks guys , I keep trying to tell myself it's only hair and then I panic I don't think theirs any way of me working from home at the moment as I just don't have the set up for it & my partner isn't keen on the idea of coming in & all these random ladies in the house Ideally I would like to rent a chair but most people have always said when I asked them about this that they don't like to go into a salon. I'll just need to try sort something out as theirs not long left for me until I have the little one & I don't want to end up causing any issues for the rest of my pregnancy xx
I'm not sure where you are in Scotland, but assuming you're not in the middle of nowhere?..... you could try 'renting a chair' for 1 or 2 days per week and at least move some of your clients to one place. This would help by cutting down your travelling times and depending where you rented, you'd maybe have a junior to help with shampooing, making teas, etc. (We're looking for a self employed stylist) You could also try to slightly increase your 6 weekly colours to 7 weeks, etc, to try to give you some breathing space.

Latest posts

Back