Brazillian waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenniferlouise

Reaction score
I have just been told even altho we have been trained in waxing, we cannot in future give brazillian etc unless specially trained in intimate waxing., due to new directives. something to do with health and safety..... does anyone have any details

Been told by who?

lady manageress at the wholesalers this morning

Um, I think the main issue is that you're dealing with skin much more sensitive the more you go "into" the labia etc and you could really hurt someone if you've not been trained in it properly.

Also, I suppose because you're dealing with a more intimate area, you have to be trained on what's appropriate and correct to be doing. I wouldn't be happy or comfortable if I felt someone was just "giving it a go" and poking about down there!

From an insurance point of view at the moment i think most insurance companies will cover you without any special training providing you have a waxing qualification.
From a therapists and customers point of view it really is a good idea to get some extra training especially if using a different wax.
An insurance company may not insure you to use hot wax if you have not had the relevant training but then thats not clear cut as i have had training in hot wax in my original training but have nothing to say i have and im sure this is the case with many people.
Also no company clarifies what is a brazilian.I do very high bikinis and take off inside the buttock cheeks but don't do the labia so do i do intimate or not i guess not from an insurance point of view.

I've not heard anything and of course I have to keep up to date with these things. I recently asked The Guild and BABTAC if there's been any change and there hasn't.

You may be getting confused with Habia who write guidelines for the hair and beauty profession. These are guidelines and not legislation.

Latest posts

Back