Breaking the rules!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody2412

Reaction score
Now there are colour rules in hairdressing that shouldn't be broken but often are. Which rules do you break that give amazing effects. I saw this photo and the formulas used which made me think of this post.

Please let's me nice and not judgemental, a simple what you do and why is great 😄

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417018155.486873.jpg

Now there are colour rules in hairdressing that shouldn't be broken but often are. Which rules do you break that give amazing effects. I saw this photo and the formulas used which made me think of this post.

Please let's me nice and not judgemental, a simple what you do and why is great 😄

View attachment 79391

Is this on behind the chair? I've been on this colourists Instagram and they use wella highlift & 6% to tone the hair after a full head bleach to get that white grey look.
Looks nice in the pic I guess but I bet the hair is dry and nackard.

I guess the question is, could the same rsilts be achieved with less damage to the hair?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

I guess the question is, could the same rsilts be achieved with less damage to the hair?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's definitely achievable without the use of a highlift tint over pre-lightened hair.
Goldwell colorance using 40cc 10BS + 2cc 8SB with 84cc of blue will achieve this result on hair pre-lightened to a 9/10

I never break rules tbh 😂 I always follow manufacturers instructions and use my knowledge in what to achieve. In the past when I have tried to something has gone wrong 90% of the time 😑

It's definitely achievable without the use of a highlift tint over pre-lightened hair.
Goldwell colorance using 40cc 10BS + 2cc 8SB with 84cc of blue will achieve this result on hair pre-lightened to a 9/10

I really like the 10bs in Colorance, find it much better than the Colorance toning range with the green lotion, e.g silver, do you use the toning range much or just stick with the normal Colorance for toning?

I really like the 10bs in Colorance, find it much better than the Colorance toning range with the green lotion, e.g silver, do you use the toning range much or just stick with the normal Colorance for toning?

Not really as much as I thought I would. I do like the cream shades and the champaign shades are nice too but I don't tend to use the silver when I can mix BS & SB. I tend to use them on hair that lifts clean so they don't have strong tones to counteract.
8B was beautiful for caramel tones but I don't think it's available in colorance anymore

View attachment 79391

I don't really break that many rules, only one I do is use fashion lights in igora on a girl I went to college with. Wouldn't do it on a normal client though.

And are you still not supposed to put blondor under heat?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't really break that many rules, only one I do is use fashion lights in igora on a girl I went to college with. Wouldn't do it on a normal client though.

And are you still not supposed to put blondor under heat?

Why wouldn't you use fashion lights on a client? Nope still can't, never would anyway in my opinion

Why wouldn't you use fashion lights on a client? Nope still can't, never would anyway in my opinion

Oh I meant on her scalp, AMD we do with pretty much every client, foils are only on for 20 mins normally, is that not normal? I have only just remembered I was told not to do that at college

Oh I meant on her scalp, AMD we do with pretty much every client, foils are only on for 20 mins normally, is that not normal? I have only just remembered I was told not to do that at college

Ohhh yeah! It's like the magma thing we was talking about like why couldn't we use the blonde on scalp if it's not direct dyes. Hmm I just don't like risking it really! I suppose it's okay if you're not just leaving them under the climazon and you're checking every 5 minutes.

Ohhh yeah! It's like the magma thing we was talking about like why couldn't we use the blonde on scalp if it's not direct dyes. Hmm I just don't like risking it really! I suppose it's okay if you're not just leaving them under the climazon and you're checking every 5 minutes.

Yeah I always check, and yes it is, always a little bit of staining, but she is mixed race so you can't really see, and that's the only reason I use it because it would take so much effort to get her hair that bright.

Yeah I always check, and yes it is, always a little bit of staining, but she is mixed race so you can't really see, and that's the only reason I use it because it would take so much effort to get her hair that bright.

What's the lift on fashion lights like?

What's the lift on fashion lights like?

Impressive, my friend is a base 5 and when we use L.88 on her hair,it's incredibly vibrant, I use that on the roots, then 66/45 colour touch to refresh the ends, it's like rihannas red x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Impressive, my friend is a base 5 and when we use L.88 on her hair,it's incredibly vibrant, I use that on the roots, then 66/45 colour touch to refresh the ends, it's like rihannas red x

Really😱 fades less than magma?

Really😱 fades less than magma?

Sooooooo much less than magma! I fi d magma fades too quicklyw

Sooooooo much less than magma! I fi d magma fades too quicklyw

I know. One wash and it's faded copper

I know. One wash and it's faded copper

BANG and the dirt is gone! I hate magma,it's such a let down :(

BANG and the dirt is gone! I hate magma,it's such a let down :(

Apart from the blondes. Amazing.

Is this on behind the chair? I've been on this colourists Instagram and they use wella highlift & 6% to tone the hair after a full head bleach to get that white grey look.
Looks nice in the pic I guess but I bet the hair is dry and nackard.

Hi yes I saw it on behind the chair which made me think of this post. Xx

Latest posts

Back