Bridal fayre help needed asap!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutiecuticles

Reaction score
Hi need all your fab advice and ideas help etc etc! Iv been informed that i can have a stand at a bridal fayre next sunday! Yes i know very soon(a cancellation)! Anyway im not sure what to do etc, im very new to this exhibiton process so what do i do? Do i demo (or will it be too stinky)!! Or nail art etc? Retailing etc? Decoration ideas?? And do you think ill have enough time to organse it, 7days?? Help me out!!
Im desperate for clients so maybe this will help get my name out there!??
Please help!xx

Just bumping this up asking for promo help etc! I have read prev posts but not really answered bowt wedding fayres. Anyway i guess evry1s travelling to london!x

Saturday is normally very busy for nail techs so don't lose heart that you haven't had many replies just yet.

If I were you I would take along some tips with Bridal nailart on, just to give prospective brides an idea of what their nails could look like... do some bridal art on your own nails too (if poss).

try to make up a price list which includes a 'Bridal Package', this might encourage appointments as they would have to have a pre-wedding consultation etc.

I'm sure you'll get loads more ideas from the other Geeks over the next day or two.
xx

Thanks Sandi,
Great ideas, think ill try get holf of some nailtopia stickers.xx

I have thought about doing the wedding fayre's..but haven't had time yet!!

But if I was going to do it, personally, I would make sure I had a fab set of pink and whites on with maybe a couple of diamond style rhinestones on the ring finger, and do a fab nail art display...concentrating on beautiful bridal designs, and maybe have some flower displays on the table too with some nail art incorporated into the flower designs.

So all the prospective brides can see the lovely sets you do and also see the nail art as well. Also have shed loads of leaflets and price lists.

If you are friends with a hairdresser maybe team up and offer a wedding package?!

I have done a couple of Wedding Fayres and had quite a lot of ongoing business from them. I found a beautiful quality fabric to drape over my table, set out my advertising bards, took along my Creative products, enamel stands, colour pop stand etc etc and had loads of leaflets to hand out....and of course my diary for bookings!

Rather than do a demo, make sure you wear a beautiful set of enhancements yourself and just chat to the people who come along.

Brides will generally want to make an appointment to have a trial run prior to the big day. Thay also seem to plan their weddings sometimes years in advance! I have recently had a booking for a tan from one of the first Fayers I did two years ago!

Hope all this helps!

Mandy

Sounds exciting! I've only done Pamper Evenings where I paint ladies and girls nails all night sometimes doing a enhancement demo. Liked the sound of Mandy's fancy cloth over table - that way it looks great and you can store extra stuff under the table without looking untidy. Do let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Debs X

Thanks for your replies, id better get on with my nail art displays!! Hope it goes well, am v. nervous!!

You are right Debs.... all boxes, extra leaflets and everything else including a couple of bottles of water, sandwiches and a choclate bar were stored under my fancy cloth!!!

It can be daunting first time doing any fayre or show, but if you plan well and then just go with the flow, be yourself and you will soon be enjoying it. Let us know how you get on.

Best of luck

Mandy x

The first time CUTICLES did a wedding fayre, we were astonished about how far in advance people planned their weddings! Take some tips with some demos and some leaflets about whet you can do. Enjoy the occasion - it's a great people watching excercise, mum, bride and dad (with wallet) and groom lagging behind!! Use the opportunity to network with the other exhibitors eg photographers etc

Cathy

Latest posts

Back