Bright colours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobrennan

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
I'm looking for some help with bright shades please! I usually use fudge paintbox or crazy color (though I don't like the purple shades) but myself and clients feel although they have reasonable sticking power (fudge paintbox) they bleed out soooo much while washing for weeks after sometimes staining nails/towels etc.
Are there any less "bleedy" semi alternatives for bright purples, pinks and blues?
Many thanks
Xxx

There's a thing called Goldwell Elumen which is a semi with loads of bright colours, in the range there's also a "lock" which helps to stop the colour from bleeding, but in the end pretty much all colours that are as bright as you're saying will bleed I think

There's a thing called Goldwell Elumen which is a semi with loads of bright colours, in the range there's also a "lock" which helps to stop the colour from bleeding, but in the end pretty much all colours that are as bright as you're saying will bleed I think

Sorry I don't want to contradict you but elumen is a permanent colour and the beauty of it is it doesn't bleed into other hair when washed.

If it's done correctly and washed and locked it won't come out on pillow etc x

Adore purple are really nice and I find using a good colour stay shampoo conditioner etc helps I'm currently using kerastase chroma sensitive and it stops the bright colours running xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401827208.993979.jpgThese colours was achieved with the elluminem and to say I used every colour on the chart not one of them ran into any other part of the hair, poor lighting but these colours are very vibrant! Xxx

Aftercare is a big part of colours bleeding too. Sulfate free shampoo and washing hair in cool water minimises the colour running and keeps it from fading. But they are semi permanents, and designed not to stay for too long. I never get pillow or clothes staining and my hair is always pink, purple, blue etc. Colour will stain towels, clients who like to use bright colours need to accept that they probably will need an old or dark coloured towel to dry their hair on.

Sorry I don't want to contradict you but elumen is a permanent colour and the beauty of it is it doesn't bleed into other hair when washed.

If it's done correctly and washed and locked it won't come out on pillow etc x

oh when the goldwell rep came to the salon she told us it was a semi and the lock made it permanent and would stop it bleeding? but thanks for telling me!

Thanks everyone! Those colours looks ideal :) xxx

Aftercare is a big part of colours bleeding too. Sulfate free shampoo and washing hair in cool water minimises the colour running and keeps it from fading. But they are semi permanents, and designed not to stay for too long. I never get pillow or clothes staining and my hair is always pink, purple, blue etc. Colour will stain towels, clients who like to use bright colours need to accept that they probably will need an old or dark coloured towel to dry their hair on.

Indeed, all very true! It's definitely the bleed onto towels etc that annoys people more than the fade. Time to reiterate aftercare! Xxx

Latest posts

Back