Brightening without removing previous colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
Help.

I have a lady who I do regrowth on every 6weeks.

She is a L'Oreal 435. Her natural is probably a 6 and has probably 50%grey at front 40% at back. (This is all from memory.

I foil out about 10-20 foils across parting. Which are 10 and 93. She probably looks a 7-8.

However. She's attending a family wedding soon. So wants her hair in a low side chignon but I said well probably need to put a few/several foils throughout to break it up.

Would L'Oreal freehand and 40 vol lift it enough through the previous colour?

I, and she just wants it so she isn't light on top and super dark underneath?

I hope this makes sense.

Why don't you just do foils round the nape and ears? that should be enough to balance it out

I don't think you need to use 40vol to get thru the old color, that's pretty aggressive, try 30vol and use Olaplex to protect the hair.

I don't think you need to use 40vol to get thru the old color, that's pretty aggressive, try 30vol and use Olaplex to protect the hair.
Even with olaplex and open air highlights?

I would 100% use 40 vol with freehand tech and use some cling film for isolation. It will probably lift to about a level 7.. perhaps an 8 if there isn't too much colour build up. I would think about foiling the face frame with platinium+20 vol. The key imo will be taking the time to tone each section individully x

Latest posts

Back