Brisa - air bubbles in gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molly

Reaction score
Help. I am getting a couple of small air bubbles in the gel. Any suggestions as to how to avoid this?

No patting and no stirring the gel during application.

If you see a bubble, it is quite easy to 'stab' it with the point of your brush and get rid of it!! As you learn to get a feel for the gel and to handle it, you will not have this problem.

I also had this problem when i cleaned my brush after each use with gel cleaner, then i was told i didn't have to do this, just remove the excess gel with a lint free wipe and cover it with a clean wipe (or 2) to avoid dust getting on it. This way the brush doesn't cointain any air when i dip it on the gel, witch was what used to be the sourse of those tiny bubbles. The only thing about this method is that i have to have 2 brushes, one for clear gel, and one for white gel.

Hi

You can also make sure your gel brush is well 'primed & ready' by working some gel on a lint free wipe into the bristles well. I always clean my brush after use , i wipe off any gel then wipe over it with scrub fresh. I also wipe it with scrub fresh before i 'prime' it to.

Latest posts

Back