Brisa Gel And Coloured Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im in a quandry as to what gel course to do. I currently do Creative L&P and thought I would introduce a new service to my menu - coloured gels! Im really happy with my L&P, just need another feather in my bow!

What I would really like is to do the Brisa course, but because I am more interested in the coloured gel, for toes as well I am not sure if Brisa is compatible with the coloured gels on the market.

Can you use Brisa (including the lamp) with other brand coloured gels? If not are Brisa going to introduce colours to their collection. Im really confused. Looked at Bio Sculpture, but would prefer to stay with Creative, as I think it would be cheaper as I already use their products and more importantly I am very happy with them.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Heather:confused:

Heather if you are happy with Brisa, you may not be happy switching just for the sake of color. Brisa is not LIKE any other gel, and mixing product lines that aren't com[atible is unfortunately a big no-no. Brisa is an extremely high quality UV enhancement, and it covalently bonds to the nail plate- forming a permanent bond. IMHO, it gives me the cleanest french EVER ;) I haven't been missing much with not having a colored gel line to use. I actually get more mileage out of the permanent french with the Brisa then anything ;)

If you already do CND L&P you should look into the Custom Blended powders for a variety of colors. The technology used to bond the enhancement covalently to the nailplate is the same with Retention+ & Perfect Powders as with Brisa. It can go on as thin as polish, its just a matter of brush control. I have mixed a wide variety of colors for clients wanting to have a "chip proof polish," and had no complaints. ;)

Good luck! HTH! :)

Thanks for that Heather. I have been trying to use my custom blending kit (havent been on a course yet) and I dont seem to be getting on with it very well. I can do the simple colours (flawless pink mixed with perfect pink) to give a nice toned down french look, but when I tried the colours on my own nails it all became very messy.

Perhaps I should be looking to do the custom blend course rather than gel then. Oh Im all confused!!

X

I use brisa gels and a coloured gel range, I do my usual brisa service then finish with coloured gel.The colour gel I use has no "strength" to it so you still need something underneath it and you just buff it off again next visit. I find clients do like the colour gel option without compromising the quality of my gels. I have used bio gels over brisa as well as an Australian range called nailery and both have cured well under my brisa lamp, I've also used them over L&P for some of my french clients who want a change.

Thanks sam,

So if I do a Brisa course I can still use other coloured gels with my Brisa.

Sounds great. Does anyone else do this?

Heather

X

I did the whole coloured gel thing for a while but it didn't go down so well with my clients....now if someone wants colour i use enamel (last ages over gels )....its cheeper....its quicker....its faster to remove....and they can take it off at home if they get sick of it after a week.

enamel all the way for me.

I never said Brisa CAN'T be used with colored gel lol, it's just not recommended. ;) You can use whatever with whatever you want. But it won't be guaranteed ;) And Sam you are totally right about the strength issue- but it seems like alot of work, almost like applying 2 sets. ;)

Heather if you are having trouble with the CCB kit, GET TO A CLASS! You wont be sorry. I think that applying gel, then puttin gmore gel on top of it sounds like a lot more work then applying L&P that takes care of 2 steps in one. :) Just my 2 cents... :)

Don't know if this will help you, but I just heard at a master class last weekend that there will soon be Brisa colored gels available! (in the US, anyway). I believe they said September-ish. I'm so excited! :D

;) And Sam you are totally right about the strength issue- but it seems like alot of work, almost like applying 2 sets. ;)

No no more work than a regular set, the majority of my clients who have this have a nno with the clear gel then one to two coats of gel polish so its really no different to having them polished It still only takes me the hour to do and my clients don't have to worry about there polish wearing.

I use brisa gels and a coloured gel range, I do my usual brisa service then finish with coloured gel.The colour gel I use has no "strength" to it so you still need something underneath it and you just buff it off again next visit.
I use Brisa gel for my overlays/sculpting etc and Light Elegance for coloured gel for the same reasons, easily applied and easily removed too, not a lot different to applying enamel. I have to say that coloured gels haven't really taken off for me, my clients still prefer either the french or natural look.

Thanks guys for all your advice, its been really helpful.

There's no rush to my decision, I already have lots of L&P clients.

Think I will def book myself on the custom blending course and see how that goes.

Being a mobile tech doing gel means a lot more stuff to cart around, so Ill see how it goes and maybe do Brisa later on in the year.

So for now will keep concentrating on my L&P and perfecting that I think.

Thanks again for all your support.

XX :)

Latest posts

Back