Brisa gels and nail art/gems/dried flowers - advice??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
Hello

I'm very new to Brisa and I have a few questions which I'm hoping you can help with.

1) Can you place a gem on the gel and then cure, so that the gem is embedded into the product, rather than using adhesive or wet enamel??

2) When using dried flowers, do you put it on the nailbed then apply gel over the top, or do you do a layer of gel, a flower, then another layer of gel?

3) To create glitter gel, can you just mix your glitters in with clear gel, or do you have to get the glitter gels?

I've not had many requests for gel nails (hands), but the toes are very popular so I'm having fun creating some fun looking toes with gems and things, so if you have any other advice on gel nail art that you would like to share I would be very grateful.

1) yes you can embed a gem
2) place a layer of gel first either clear or pin thn add flower etc.
3) either glitter gels if you preferr or you gently dip your gel on the brush into the chosen colour of glitter. gently roll the glitter gel into place and cure as normal:) hope this helps. Have a practice on some spare tips

Hello

I'm very new to Brisa and I have a few questions which I'm hoping you can help with.

1) Can you place a gem on the gel and then cure, so that the gem is embedded into the product, rather than using adhesive or wet enamel??
What I do is I place the Gem on to the cured Clear coat then cover with UV Finishing Gloss.

2) When using dried flowers, do you put it on the nailbed then apply gel over the top, or do you do a layer of gel, a flower, then another layer of gel?
You would place it on a layer of Gel as you wouldn't want it directly on the nail place just encase there is any bacteria or dirt on the flower this would encourage a greenie to develop:eek:

3) To create glitter gel, can you just mix your glitters in with clear gel, or do you have to get the glitter gels?
I use me old pots and put some clear gel in and mix my glitter it gives a nice even coverage when its mixed, I found dipping not as nice but this could just be me :lol:

I've not had many requests for gel nails (hands), but the toes are very popular so I'm having fun creating some fun looking toes with gems and things, so if you have any other advice on gel nail art that you would like to share I would be very grateful.

Good luck with the Brisa hun it is a fantastic Gel to work with and the new colours are really nice :hug:

Latest posts

Back