Brisa Lite popping off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty-Box

Reaction score
Hi I use cnd L&P and and brisa lite sculpting gel. Many of my clients with brisa lite have nails falling off :-(. I fully pep the nail - cool blue, cuticle away, rinse cuticle away, scrub fresh apply form then base coat. Am I doing something wrong? Im thinking of giving it up because im going to get a bad name for my enhancements not lasting. Im also struggling with my time any tips on application? I have to apply 3 layers to get it thick enough which takes me 3 hours to do a set. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya and sorry you are having problems...i love brisa lite and pretty much use it all the time for enhancements now.
Firstly i would say 3 layers is way too much and that they are probably too thick and thats why they are pooping off. I do base coat, cure, one layer of pink building an apex at same time, cure....if there are any dips i fill the dips only and cure...usually my clients are having shellac over the top which is why they just have plain pink.

So when working with the gel can you describe where you are placing your gel and how you are moving it around the nail. It could be that you are working the gel too much or you are applying too much pressure or the angle of your brush

Maybe think about some 121 as its not until someone watches you that you will find out where you are going wrong

Hope you get it sorted

I do tend to move the gel quite a bit maybe I am over working it. I try using a pulsing motion to move the gel starting in the zone 2 to 3 then finish with 1 is that right? Xxx

I've been meaning to post a topic on this for a while so would also be interested to hear people's advice! I have no problems with any other product that I use (I use Brisa gel and bio sculpture as enhancement products too) but BL just pings off as a whole!
My application:
Cool blue
Cuticle away
Deactivate
File
Scrub fresh (very thoroughly - down side walls, free edge etc)
Form application
Base coat
Thin layer of sculpting gel to create an extension
Remove forms
Building layer where I create apex
IPA
Shape, buff, refine etc
Then topcoat/shellac/Vinylux etc

Sorry to jump on your thread OP but I'm really frustrated and at a loss too!! Xx

I know BL isnt as strong so thats why im thinking its maybe not as good but if other people are not having problems then I must be doing something wrong xxx

Me too! Would just live to know what! Xx

I have been using it with tips with no problems, here is what i do

File nails and cuticle work
Apply tips
Scrubfresh
Base coat and cure
Brisa lite sculpting gel x 1 layer using a pea size scoop roughly and cure
Remove inhibition layer and refine
All my clients want shellac and art or glitter so then i do 2x colour coats curing
Then brisa lite top coat
Finished!

Some clients have gone 4/5 weeks without infills (i dont advise this but as i am so busy they cant always get in with me) but most go around 3 weeks

Try not to work gel too much, keep stored away from daylight

I know BL isnt as strong so thats why im thinking its maybe not as good but if other people are not having problems then I must be doing something wrong xxx

Is that true is it not very strong, I brought a pack yesterday and was told it was great and string enough for very long nails and stiletto nails :( I hope I havnt wasted my money :( x

It depends what and who you are using brisa lite for, the reason we have different systems is because different people need different things. We have to take into account lifestyle, jobs, nail condition and how long they want them.

As i said before i get great use from brisa lite sculpting on my clients. Most of them just want to grow their own nails and then have shellac or bio sculpture on them which is what brisa lite for me helps them do. I have several clients who are particularly hard on their nails and hands but brisa lite was enough for them. If you are not sure then i recommend you have a 121 with a cnd educator who can make sure you are getting the most from it.

I love that brisa lite stays where you put it and doesnt run,well the pink doesnt anyway. I tried the clear and found that too runny and needed refining alot more. I dont use the white much as most of my clients want co,our over the top.

Im happy to answer any questions xx

I should of said i also do bio sculpture but found bio wasnt strong enough for extensions. Brisa lite is MUCH stronger

Thanks for the advice souz. I dont actually have the clear gel yet thats going on my next order I don't know if that would make any difference. I work from my summerhouse and just thinking about it I have done a clients nails which the brisa lite lasted 4 weeks then she wanted infills all still in brilliant condition and I was taking all my gels and shellac into my house because of cold weather with it being warmer u kept forgetting to take them in thinking it will be fine but it could be too hot. I do also work the gel a lot so thanks very much that gives me something to change. I also use forms but they drive me mad and the forms keep moving with the client moving their fingers so gel gets under the nail xxx

Beauty box...where ate you storing your gels in the summerhouse? It coukd well be too hot for them. Gel doesnt like extremes of temperature whether that be hot or cold. It doesnt like to be over worked as that creates bubbles.

I use tips as i am quicker snd than with forms and what i would have to charge for my time with forms no one want to pay! I have been using the dd tips which i find excellent with brisa lite. The forms shouldnt move if they are in place properly hun

I wouldnt worry abput getting the clear gel personally, in fact i will be getting rid of mine probably

Latest posts

Back