Brisa Lite sculpting class?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if this helps anyone (I am not enhancement trained at all so will have to start from the beginning) but this was on the Fingertips Facebook page -

Brisa Lite Sculpting System

The cutting edge just got moved AGAIN. Introducing Brisa Lite Removable Gels - CND's new line of removable gels. Discover the only removable gel that is safe, builds instant length and shape, and delivers 3 weeks of perfect, colour stable enhancements.

In this 6 hour class you will learn perfect PEP, application, and safe, fast removal of this amazing REMOVABLE Gel system from CND.

Classes are priced at £109.95+VAT. To book the class a deposit of £15+VAT must be paid at time of the booking. You will need to bring along your full working kit including your CND lamp and come along with natural nails.

To attend this class you must be trained in enhancements either L+P or Gel.

yeah, so you dont need any gel training to do the bl sculpting class - im really shocked as you need a gel cert to do the brisa hard gel conversion so i wonder why this is different?

Where would you be doing it? x

Im an Essex girlie, so with either Justine Cruick at Braintree or Liza Smith Kent. Ive trained with both of them :hug: xx

yeah, so you dont need any gel training to do the bl sculpting class - im really shocked as you need a gel cert to do the brisa hard gel conversion so i wonder why this is different?

You need to be Enhancement trained- either L+P or GEL, this means you will know about structure, tipping, form fitting- things that are relevant to enhancements. You will then be taught in the class how to use this particular product.

You need to be Enhancement trained- either L+P or GEL, this means you will know about structure, tipping, form fitting- things that are relevant to enhancements. You will then be taught in the class how to use this particular product.

Yep thats makes sense you already have the foundation knowledge it just product knowledge you are gaining, and I have to say that Cnd are never greedy with their training prices. They really are such very good value.

OMG Im going to get two more certificates this year and two silver bags WOW what more could a girl want :wink2: xx

Ok, why does the brisa lite differ to brisa hard gel? as i thought you needed a gel certificate to do that conversion?

To take part in a Brisa Hard Gel conversion you need to have a qualification in gel or L+P.
A Brisa Gel conversion class is for existing professionals to do just that- convert- from their existing brand or system to Brisa Gel, it is a product training class to show you how to use CND Brisa Gel products but in order to take part, as said above you would need to have existing knowledge of certain things already.
If you are not enhancement trained at all then you would do the CND Enhance which would cover everything you needed to know.

So to do a CND Brisa conversion OR Brisa Lite SCULPTING class you DO need an enhancement qualification.

To do CND Brisa Lite Smoothing gel you only need a manicure certificate as it is not an enhancement product, its a perfecting product to apply to a nail that needs a little perfecting- i.e to smooth out ridges, to add a little extra support for peeling nails etc.

This isn't quite true unless it is a recent change - I did my Brisa conversion last April without having done gel before but I was CND l&p trained 6 years previous and it wasn't a problem.

Ok, why does the brisa lite differ to brisa hard gel? as i thought you needed a gel certificate to do that conversion?

I would imagine that because it is a completely new product, it has different application techniques. Brisa is a buff off and Brisa Lite is a soak off, there is one massive difference right there.

These are all hearsays and maybes (unless anyone that has replied is an EA). Your best bet is to get the info from the horses mouth. that way, there will be no confusion. You need to contact S2 tomorrow,

So how strong will Brisa Lite be?
I am assuming it will not be as strong as Brisa hard gel, hence the name 'Lite', so how well will it hold in terms of long extended nails?
Or, is it purely differing from Brisa hard gel in the sense that it is a quick soak-off instead of a buff-off?

I would imagine that because it is a completely new product, it has different application techniques. Brisa is a buff off and Brisa Lite is a soak off, there is one massive difference right there.

These are all hearsays and maybes (unless anyone that has replied is an EA). Your best bet is to get the info from the horses mouth. that way, there will be no confusion. You need to contact S2 tomorrow,

Chocolate Pickle is a Shellac Educator (a very good one at that she trained me). So hopefully her information is much more accurate than ours :hug: xx

I am assuming it will not be as strong as Brisa hard gel, hence the name 'Lite', so how well will it hold in terms of long extended nails?
Or, is it purely differing from Brisa hard gel in the sense that it is a quick soak-off instead of a buff-off?

Very good question Miss Pink x

To take part in a Brisa Hard Gel conversion you need to have a qualification in gel or L+P.
A Brisa Gel conversion class is for existing professionals to do just that- convert- from their existing brand or system to Brisa Gel, it is a product training class to show you how to use CND Brisa Gel products but in order to take part, as said above you would need to have existing knowledge of certain things already.
If you are not enhancement trained at all then you would do the CND Enhance which would cover everything you needed to know.

So to do a CND Brisa conversion OR Brisa Lite SCULPTING class you DO need an enhancement qualification.

To do CND Brisa Lite Smoothing gel you only need a manicure certificate as it is not an enhancement product, its a perfecting product to apply to a nail that needs a little perfecting- i.e to smooth out ridges, to add a little extra support for peeling nails etc.

Aw, I see.... I was always under the impression you had to be trained in gel to do the cnd brisa conversion - silly me :rolleyes:

I think the "Lite" refers to no filing of the natural nail which you need to do with Brisa. I'm sure it's named that for a few reason x

We must have posted at the same time nearly, no offence intended

I know the application techniques...lol... I was asking how it differs as to what qualification/s you need to attend the class.

I know the application techniques...lol... I was asking how it differs as to what qualification/s you need to attend the class.

Apparently, this product handles differently to regular Brisa, therefore, the application techniques would be different.

Are you still unsure of the answer to your qual question? Not meaning to sound flippant but it isn't clear from your post if you got the answer you were looking for xx

Apparently, this product handles differently to regular Brisa, therefore, the application techniques would be different.

Are you still unsure of the answer to your qual question? Not meaning to sound flippant but it isn't clear from your post if you got the answer you were looking for xx

CHOCOLATEPICKLE AND PURE have both been kind enough to clear up the confusion I had re the certificate and class issue - which had nothing to do with application or the difference between the different gels, thats a whole other thread which included bags, flying saucers and father christmas :wink2:

I am booked onto the smoothing course :)

I ordered the sculting pack as I plan to train in it but have no experience with anything other than Shellac so what course should I be looking at then?

I was surprised I was able to buy it to be honest!

my understanding is to train with brisa lite sculpting the prerequisite is an enhancement certificate either l&p or gels. if you have only done natural nail care to now its going to be quite a big step up to start doing enhancements and the training is a substantial investment... you may want to discuss with ss as you wont be able to use the sculpting pack on clients without this. (at least you wont be insured).

Latest posts

Back