Brisa Lite sculpting gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CNDnatasha

Reaction score
In need of help/advice

I started off doing CND Shellac beginning of this year, well I bought the kit on ebay, just so I could do my own nails, family started asking me to do it on them, turns out I was pretty good at it and people were commenting on nails I did for friends and family and asking to book in with me, so I started applying CND shellac for mutual friends and charging a small amount to cover cost of products, I only charged £5 as I thought I hadn't right to charge more as I wasn't qualified. I then recently bought brisa lite sculpting gel and again did it on myself and friends and family and then again a few people wanted to pay for my service so I charged minimum again for a set of brisa lite extensions (using tips) I only charged £12, again for usage of product and it was quite time consuming.

Well anyway getting to the point, I did a set on my sister and they were brilliant, did them about 3 weeks ago and they are still perfect. But then I did my cousins the other day and the next day one just fell off. She's 14 so doesn't have a job or do anything heavy duty, all housework is done by my Aunty so I know it did actually just fall off, plus she's my cousin and wouldn't have any reason to lie, and I just don't know what's happened. I did exactly the same as on my sister yet it fell off, I did my own too and I was able to just peel mine off. This is what I did;

Push cuticles and remove any dead cuticle bits
Wash with soap and water
Apply tips
File tip to required length and shape
Wash hands with soap and water
Use scrubfresh
Apply basecoat (all cnd products used)
Then cure for 20 seconds
Then apply later of neutral pink brisa lite gel
Cure for 2 minutes
Remove sticky later using d'sperse
Blizzard file to smooth any bumps
Wash hands
Then top coat and cure 2 minutes then remove sticky layer using d'sperse
Apply solar oil
If shellac colour was wanted then after blizzard used and hands washed id apply base coat then cure then apply shellac cure 2 minutes then second coat then cure and the top coat cure
Remove sticky later
Apply solar oil

Obviously Iv learnt all I know via CND tutorials on YouTube (plenty!)
But I'm scared to do the extensions now but I have people booked in, any tips or tricks that Iv missed out?? Any suggestions very much welcomed :) Thank you for reading my lengthy thread xxx

Hi Natasha ,

Ok going to put this as nicely as i can :)

On this site it is against site rules to give non pros advice on pro products but I can say this

You are working with a professional product ( but you dont actually know that you have got a kosher product as you purchased off e bay )

You are working on members of the public and charging for your services without ANY correct training and therefore NO insurance

This quite frankly is irresponsible and you could cause your 'customers ' damage to their nails as you have neither been taught the correct way to apply these 'chemicals ' or have any knowledge about contra indications , nail anatomy , salon hygiene ect ect

If you really are serious about doing this and charging people then the best advice I could give you is STOP now and get yourself on some recognised training . Then you will have the confidence and knowledge to apply these products safely and professionally

x

Last edited:
I completely agree with with petfect10kb, you should not be taking bookings from paying clients when you have no knowledge, training or insurance.

If you are interested in having a career as a nail tech then get qualified and be the best tech you can be. It's a career I love and you couldn't get a better start than training with CND. The UK distributer is Sweet Squared. They have trainers all over the country and you can find out more about their courses and contact them here Welcome - Sweet Squared

Agreed.

Like yourself I was told I had a knack for doing nails but when I decided to launch myself on the public I decided to offer Shellac and approached Sweet Squared for training. The amount I learned was incredible.

Now, with a couple of SS courses under my belt and further courses booked, I can be sure I'm buying the real deal Shellac through SS or Ellisons and I'm insured.

I wouldn't touch sculpting gel without the correct training. I've only just bought the smoothing gel and have a 1-1 with my local CND trainer booked to ensure I use it correctly.

I hope you will consider training.

X

I havnt actually done it on members of the public, they are done on people who I know in some way or another and know exactly where I'm at with nails in regards to no professional training/insurance etc and at first I never asked for a penny but they chose to contribute as cnd products are costly and it just stuck and they donated a fraction of the normal price each time. I have never advertised myself, just when people ask.

But yes I'm aware of sweet squared, an ellisons, Iv done my research prior to buying my kit and performing applications. And yes training is in the pipeline for me, my friend trained to be a nail tech/beautician/hair dresser for many years and it was from her aswell as CND videos that I learnt, so I know I was doing no harm to the people I applied Shellac on.

Thanks for all your replies anyway :)

Latest posts

Back