Brisa Lite under Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwoody

Reaction score
Just wondering, I am using brisa lite smoothing under my shellac, I love it so much, I have been using it under all my clients as it seems to keep their nails so smooth and strong and excellent condition, is this ok or should I just stick with using it for weak nails? Does it really matter???

Its great isn't it? I only tend to use it on weak/flaky/very long nails. I have one client who doesn't get on with it, she is a cleaner and refuses to wear gloves and for some reason hers last better with just the shellac base coat.
Are you charging extra for it? If so and your customers are happy with it then carry on I say!;)

I am charging the same price ! If your client doesn't get on with it what happens ?? Does it chip more quickly ? I have 1 client who said it didn't last and it easily peeled off ! ( but think she peeled it off !) her nails are very tiny so really hard to get application very thin, I wonder now if it would have been better to use just the base!!!

She says they lift and peel off in one piece. I think with her one of the cleaning products she uses must effect it somehow as she is the only one who has had problems with it so far.

It's a chargeable service, you should be charging for smoothing gel...unless you have put your shellac price up to accommodate it x

She says they lift and peel off in one piece. I think with her one of the cleaning products she uses must effect it somehow as she is the only one who has had problems with it so far.

This same thing happens with my mums nails and she's OCD about cleaning ;-)

This same thing happens with my mums nails and she's OCD about cleaning ;-)

Does she get on ok with just the shellac base coat?

i asked her if she wore gloves, she said she had,but no nails ever last on her apparently,she said they had peeled a bit then she just peeled them off !!
i do think some clients are pickers with there nails !! i have clients return after 4 weeks plus with perfect nails just a regrowth!

i have only done her nails the once, i am quite new to shellac i am converted i previously used gellux ! so really just started using the shellac base coat,then just liked the sound of BL,so as i am trying to gain new clients,i have been using BL , as their nails just seem so strong and beautiful,even after removal! so a little confused as to why would i go back to using the base coat instead ???

i have only done her nails the once, i am quite new to shellac i am converted i previously used gellux ! so really just started using the shellac base coat,then just liked the sound of BL,so as i am trying to gain new clients,i have been using BL , as their nails just seem so strong and beautiful,even after removal! so a little confused as to why would i go back to using the base coat instead ???

Only to save yourself a little time and money. Not everyone will need it, if they have strong, good condition nails anyway they should get 2 weeks wear with no chips. :)

thanks,yes I can see it would save a little time,so before application if nails look strong and no flaky ridges i will try just using the shellac base coat ! thanks for your help :lol:

Latest posts

Back