Brisa or Akzentz?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michark

Reaction score
hi everyone,

i'm needing some help with changing my gel product.i am currently using a system by star nails.not totally happy with it because of the "white"gel.it's not a true white.

so many of you have talked about brisa and akzentz.i know it's a little difficult to choose unless you try one.but i don't really want to have to purchase both to see which one i like best.and i know that brisa is more expensive because you need their own light.

help!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes:

I am not familiar with Akzentz Michelle, but I use Brisa like CRAZY, and LOVE IT- it is on the spendy side- but I LOVE my light- the UV is higher in it, and if it has UV in it, I use this lamp to dry it ;)

And the white is VERY WHITE. The clarity is unreal- my smile lines are VERY crisp.

Hope I swayed you a bit lol ;)

Heres a set of brisas with the white gel on the tip:

acrylicart005.jpg

Wow Heather how do you do your smile lines, I can never get mine as crisp as that. Please tell!!!!

I took courses with Star Nails,LCN,INT,Nailbasics and did not found a complete system that works for me and my clients until I tried Akzentz.I was using it for two years before I become Educator and Distributor.Akzentz gels are great for beginers as well as seasoned nail techs.There is a wide range of diferent gels and everyone can find their favourite.Our Builder French white is very bright white ,semi-self leveling (you can do all five fingers at a same time,it will not move)very strong and it cures all the way (no need to turn your clients hand upside down and cure).Akzentz gels need 9W light bulb in order to cure properly.If you are using Star,you will need different lamp (Star is 6W).We have Gel Try Me Kit for only $29.95 CAN (6 different gels,Nail prep,Gel Cleaner,Lint free wipes,Sure Bond and complete instructions).If you need more info you can e-mail me and I'll be glad to help you any way I can.
Cheers!

HeatherDavis said:
I am not familiar with Akzentz Michelle, but I use Brisa like CRAZY, and LOVE IT- it is on the spendy side- but I LOVE my light- the UV is higher in it, and if it has UV in it, I use this lamp to dry it ;)

And the white is VERY WHITE. The clarity is unreal- my smile lines are VERY crisp.

Hope I swayed you a bit lol ;)

Heres a set of brisas with the white gel on the tip:

acrylicart005.jpg

Heather your nails are fab I too love Brisa :cool:

Hi

My choice is Akzentz ... all the way (but never used Brisa so I can't advise there).

Excellent service with Akzentz - extremely quick and huge choice of gels including a soak off line and colours!

I don't know how/or can't add a pic here I'm afraid so I've added a link to a couple of pics from my site ... the first is a backfill using their french white gel and the second - I used Daisy Cutter tips with Akzentz beautiful warm coverage pink gel:

http://vickyb26.tripod.com/photo_gallery/DSCF0005.JPG

http://vickyb26.tripod.com/photo_gallery/DSCF0081.JPG

Let us know how you get on a which you decide.

Vicky :wink2:

Don't know if it's my pc Vicky but I can't get those images to come up.

I can vouch for Brisa as a builder gel. It's bl**dy brill ... be glad when we get the new colours through. I am just testing out the Akzentz options colour range. i am the world's worst (or best) picker. 3 days on and no probs so far.

Oooppss

They are on my website - first page of the picture gallery.

Vicky

They look good hun, love the spotty one!

LOVELY NAILS VIC:biggrin:

in answer to the question....hmm difficult one because they are both very good gels.....

i know how much of a headache it can be trying to find a gel that suits...believe me ive tried out most brands going:eek: :rolleyes:

Why not have a set of both put on by a fellow tek....and see how they go?

amb xxx

i have to say brisa - i only did the induction course on monday but i did my toe-nails last night with the pinik and white gels and they look fab!! it seems really easy to work with xx

hmmmm, im having this problem, im thinking of trying akzentz gels. i do love brisa, and thought i would never think of trying another gel. but akzentz has had a lot if good reports on here and its cheaper. im liking the creamier POW gel, my clients are always asking for it and brisa dont do a POW in the softer shade or colour gels yet.
i have ordered the akzentz trial kit and will try on some clients to see how good it is......if they like, and i like, i will use akzentz.

Hi Everyone!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for all your replies.It is a little tough to decide.I think for starters I will try Akzentz.Both products look very similar.They look amazing.Can't wait to try.
I'll send a photo after a little practicing!!!!!!

Thanks again:D

I think Creative need to get a move on with those new colours as tech's are being poached...lol

Yep agreed Debbie - I love Brisa but find the lack of colour choices -coverage pinks and softer POW's are pushing me to Akzentz.
KxXx

My vote would be for the Brisa but I have not tried the other one. I took a class on the Brisa Gels when they first came out and I have to say i fell in love with them and so has my clients. Yes, they are a little more pricey then I would like. But, since I charge more for the doing the Brisa, it makes up the difference. HTH!!

Good Luck!

my smile lines are either by using a drawn up "string" of the sculpting gel, or very carefully applying gel paint, using my brush with a bit of scrub fresh for the smile line- thanks for the compliments guys-

And for those of you straying from CND, just dont forget the workability of the Brisa product, and the small amount of photoreactor- there is NO other product like it, and colors are coming SOON-

If you guys are getting antsy for something cool, try adding a shimmer additive to your clear or pink gel and playing with it a little- I found a couple that work in mine and my clients love it- they are waiting patiently for Brisa color gels- so we can too!! ;)

And the price is higher, but remember, you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR-

No offense to Akzentz, Im sure the product is lovely- I just dont want to fix what "ain't broke"

:)

Hi All

Heather, fantastic nails chick, good technique that too. The americans are the first to be using it! I love it too ;)

I feel I need to add from a chemists point of view why I would only be using BRiSA.

It's all down to ingredient formulation.

BRiSA is the only gel to be free of all the following ingredients -
Formaldehyde (formalin)
gluteraldehyde
acrylates (don't confuse with methacrylates, very different)
All of these are linked to problems such as brittle nails and high allergys. Also formaldehyde is very much a harmful product, search the net and you'll be concerned.....

At the end of the day, when I'm using BRiSA I know I am using the safest product on my clients, who, without them I wouldn't have a job....

Food for thought...

Latest posts

Back