Brisa Peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplebunnies

Reaction score
hi

i posted a while back about my brisa peeling. Well it's happening to another client. I make sure i fully dehyrated her nails and removed shine, but they peel off with 3 days. She swims 3-4 times a week and i said that it maybe something to do with the chlorine, i know she doesn't use her cuticle oil as that is very obvious. So why is this happeningb AGAIN:sad: she has natural overlays as she had very bad damage from a NSS, and i refused to put tips on as i said i wanted to try and get the damage to grow out. I have 3 other clients with gel and they're fine, a little lifting but nothing as dramatic as this.

HELP!

Do you cure for the 2 mins with every coat?
Just a suggestion

yep. i actually go 2mins 10 or a little longer with her as she has a habit of taking her hand out scratching her head, looking and i have to keep telling her off.

purplebunnies said:
yep. i actually go 2mins 10 or a little longer with her as she has a habit of taking her hand out scratching her head, looking and i have to keep telling her off.

If she is scratching she may be undoing all your good prep work by adding oil and contamination.. Keep a really close eye on this.

Plus - If her nails are in terrible condition you may struggle to get anything to bond properly... It's like building a house in sand, the foundations are just to weak. She may more than likely have problems until her nails recover from being over thinned... HTH..

Would L&P do the trick.

Shes on her hols at the mo and she says she isn't going swimming so i thought i would get her to go for weekly manicures till they're all ship shape again, then go for tips. I've been doing them for about 2 months. You can see the damage in the centre of her nails, they dont grow very fast, do you think 3 months would be enough time to grow out the damage, as long as i get her to swear on the bible that she uses her cuticle oil, every day.

It's not really the cuticle oil that's a prob. Is the gel really peeling? is is the nailplate totally smooth when she comes back to you, or can you see the tell tale damage of picking? If she can't even keep her hand in the light for 2 minutes whilst she is sat in front of you then she sounds like a fidgeter and they tend to be pickers!

Completely smooth and shiney. I run over with scrub fresh to see if she has had a pick, but it shows no signs.

Then I agree with Envy. I have a client with NSS damaged nail plates - the rings of fire are slowly growing out, but where the damage is they do lift a fair amount.

I also have a client whose nails lift like there's no tomorrow. As an experiment I did them as a very thin overlay, literally it was just prep, liquid bond, builder gel and that was it. I did not buff over the gel and I didn;t apply a finishing gloss layer. Don;t know whether it was just coincidence but they didn't lift at all. maybe that final buff over a weak nail puts too much downward pressure and almost forces them off the nail plate ... but then I may be way off mark as this is just my theory! I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

The other advice I was given was to try Fabric# wraps. You may want to take a gander at this thread http://www.thenailgeek.com/main/23679-help-serial-lifting-needed.html?highlight=serial

Envy Plus - If her nails are in terrible condition you may struggle to get anything to bond properly... It's like building a house in sand said:
Totally agree with the above If she has damaged nails to start with then it will be very diffucult at first to get anything to bond as it should.

I agree with the other geeks, and want to add that I had this problem with a client because I couldnt manage to seal the END of the freeedge properly because of how short her nail beds were- you might want to check on that too :)

i have had this problem with a few of my clients. i have found that brisa will lift/peel quite easily if only the tiniest littlesest peice of cluticle is left on the nail.
There fore i make particular checks that all cuticle is removed, and to be safe, i apply the brisa quite far back fromt he cuticle, leaving more than normal space from the cuticle to where the gel starts, especially on the sides, as the sides were were the lifting was comming from. This has helped me heaps.

But i have been finding that brisa peels more with my clients who have soft and thin nails. I have to use BioS with these clients as this gel is more flexiblie.

Another point, ask your client to dry her hands thouroughly after they are incontact with water. Try and keep her nails as short as possible, so they get less stress. They might even have to be a bit thicker for a while. make them thicker for about three refils and see what happens. Gradually reduce the thickness if this helps.

Anyhooooo, better get going. luv bec xxxxxxxxooooooooooooo

Latest posts

Back