Brisa Problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nail Geek said:
If there is no damage to the natural nail plate, I would think the clients nail plates most likely are holding far more oil than the average PREP is removing.

Have you tried NailFresh in your PREP?
Yes - I tried NailFresh when I did all the repairs last week. I have just spoken to her and she is saying that on some nails the tips are staying on and the gel is peeling off and on others the tips are coming off and the gel is peeling off afterwards.

She says her nails are paperthin and very bendy. They have an appointment on Friday and I have told her I will go and make them look decent as she has 3 still on. I have offered her an overlay to protect her nails while they grow out but she is unsure whether she should cover them up while they are growing or leave them 'to air' as she puts it. What do you think?

Sounds a bit suspect to me.
If her nails are paper thin now, I would suspect she has been using the tooth removal method on them. You wont really know until you see them.

Hi ...
Reading all above...I am an experienced gel tech with paperthin nails...LOL...
Nothing holds on my nails..I have too much hormons..my age..I guess and my nails are very smooth and oily...nothing holds and it will come off just like you descruibed the nails from your client..
There are always some clients who are better off without nails..so do not worry too much...accept it...and go on with the clients without this kind of problems..

BTW I had some more experienced techs who tried to work on my nails and after 2 or 3 weeks...it was peeling again....nails too thin..they bend or curl away from the product...
Hope I explain it good enough...my Dutch is much better..LOL..

wiepster said:
Hi ...
Reading all above...I am an experienced gel tech with paperthin nails...LOL...
Nothing holds on my nails..I have too much hormons..my age..I guess and my nails are very smooth and oily...nothing holds and it will come off just like you descruibed the nails from your client..
There are always some clients who are better off without nails..so do not worry too much...accept it...and go on with the clients without this kind of problems..

BTW I had some more experienced techs who tried to work on my nails and after 2 or 3 weeks...it was peeling again....nails too thin..they bend or curl away from the product...
Hope I explain it good enough...my Dutch is much better..LOL..

Hi and welcome - yes you explained it well enough! ;) It is just that reading back through these posts I have asked a lot of questions which I still do not have answers to. I am going back on Friday this week to sort things out for them. I told them I would have some advice from the experts by then! :eek:

I was really disappointed that Gigi didn't pick up on this thread this morning - I value your advice Gigi - is there anyone out there with experience that could advise how I keep these clients? They have been having nails since August last year but unfortunately their last tech (LCN) was not brilliant - she applied badly fitting tips and regularly cut cuticles. I took over doing their nails 3 appointments ago and although they lost some with LCN they are losing more with Brisa. They would really like nice nails but can't grow their own - there must be a solution to this surely?

OK Kim,

here are some more questions for you LOL. They don't want pink and white ok so do they have them varnished or do they want to wear them au naturel LOL.

If they have them varnished then why not sculpt anyway if you are covering them up then you would get your answer to the tip question.

Try and find a way of finding a solution to this - some techs I know do L&P on the tip and then gel over the rest - would this be an option - then you could sculpt using a less white tip powder.

Sorry for your frustration.

naturalnails said:
Try and find a way of finding a solution to this - some techs I know do L&P on the tip and then gel over the rest - would this be an option - then you could sculpt using a less white tip powder.

Sorry for your frustration.

Hiya

This would be a good idea Anna from toronto has a step by step on her web site for a L+P sculpted tip and then gel overlay. HTH

Thanks Fiona and Tracy

They like them au natural but what a good idea with the L&P, in fact as the gel is peeling off I might suggest L&P altogether with NF & Primer. Then if they want the gloss of gel I can top coat it with gel. Hhmmmm good thought - thanks for that both of you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back