Brisa rebalance help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
I did 3 of sets of nails on friends using Brisa gel ...and have experienced quite a few problems so im hoping someone can help as I feel like crying at the min lol

first person...(quite an active person...work involves typing and has 2 young kids) about 6 days after doing her nails she was playing catch with her son and ended up completely cracking one of her nails (not natural nail) straight accross the zone 2 area....the rest of her nails were starting to lift down the side walls. By day 13 they were a mess on her left hand (shes left handed) with lifting and the cracked nail, the right hand wasnt too bad but there was some lifting on every nail along the sidewalls, I thought I might be able to just file the lifting and rebalance as normal but I found that once I had filed it down thin...bits kept chipping off on the free edge etc so in the end I just filed them off to start again

second person (not working..has a young baby) 3 days after doing her nails 5 nails broke, I havent seen them yet but she says the tips have broke off.

third person (works full-time...involves typing, and has 2 young kids) a week after doing her nails she text me to say both her thumb nails broke...she said she had banged/caught them on something, a few days later (today) I had another text saying more have broken. I havent seen them yet.

With all 3 of these sets...at the time of doing them I was worried that I had done them a bit too long and too thin...im thinking I havent built the apex up enough?

Im really worried about trying to sort these nails out...im new to gel and have experienced no problems with lifting in the cuticle area...and only problems so far with sidewall lifting on one person...the main area of problems have been at the free edge end either seperating from the natural nail on overlays or breaking with tips...

Im thinking its the capping and apex area not being built up enough.

What is the best way to rebalance when the gel has chipped/flaked off or has lifted near the free edge?? I am really struggling to file the gels down thin and get rid of the lifting whilst not damaging the natural nail...I have damaged my own nails trying to repair my overlays and im really worried im going to end up damaging somebody elses! Please help im feeling really knocked about all this :cry:

With all 3 of these sets...at the time of doing them I was worried that I had done them a bit too long and too thin...im thinking I havent built the apex up enough?

...the main area of problems have been at the free edge end either seperating from the natural nail on overlays or breaking with tips...

Im thinking its the capping and apex area not being built up enough.

Hi Anna xx

It sounds like the problems are due to what you already suspect...Too long and too thin.

Reduce the length and build the stress area more...try making everything apart from zone 3 thicker...even the free edge a little, chipping can be when the gel is applied too thin and not capped.

You already know that when when someone bangs a nail we cant be held responsible but i know how you feel when you think..surely they should be able to take a little knock.

If the gel appears to be flaking off as you file then it sounds like it wasn't adhered fully....It should just file down and blend into the nail...not flake off....the flakey bits do need to be removed because it will lead to break down and further lifting....just go easy with a 240 until its off....a quick wipe with scrubfresh will show up any area that still have gel on.

I know you have good knowledge of prep but just a reminder to anyone else having similar problems...not too much scrubfresh...but plenty of scrubbing....allow to dry...Bond....then a very thin layer of gel worked well into the nail...all over the nail...including the free edge sides and cap....cure.

Stick with it Anna...:hug:

Well Anna you have given the answer in your post too long and not built a strong enough apex. Always remember to drag the gel over the free-edge to cap it well and remember if you have done everything right then its the clients that are at fault :)

Hi thanx folks for your replies, sorry im a while getting back..am still feeling down-hearted BUT thoroughly determined however!
So ive already re-done person 1....she text this morning to say the same one has broke again tho! (its only been a few days) grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

then last night I removed what was left on person 3 and she is coming back next week to let me have another go!
She had about 3 nails completely fine still looked good....2 or 3 completely come off just leaving a small patch of product behind and slight damage on the natural nail, and a few had chipped on the free edge except the tip would still be there but a large peice of gel chipped off?

Im actually wondering now as well if im not working the first layer in well enough? I dont think its my prep but will obviously be extra careful next time that I definately am being as thorough as I think I am.

Trouble is with the Brisa videos is that they do not show you how to scrub (for want of a better word) in the first layer....I am literally in small movements pushing my brush backwards and forwards when applying the bonder layer (whilst trying not to ruin my brush i.e I dont let all the hairs go in front of and behind the handle iykwim) and I use hardly any gel so that I can feel a 'drag'....does that sound like I have the right action going on? lol

and also I mostly use the white performance tips...after I apply them although the shine is already moved I still always buff over them anyway...do you think I need to etch them a little as well?

oh and one more thing lol....liquid bond...does it matter if it comes into contact with any remaining product on the nail plate or must it only touch the natural nail?

Thanx for any help xx

and also I mostly use the white performance tips...after I apply them although the shine is already moved I still always buff over them anyway...do you think I need to etch them a little as well?

This might be very silly, but do you use clear or sheer pink? Sorry if it's obvious, but just a thought...
If you use the opaque gels, they won't cure properly and chip off...

:hug:

This might be very silly, but do you use clear or sheer pink? Sorry if it's obvious, but just a thought...
If you use the opaque gels, they won't cure properly and chip off...

:hug:

My thoughts exactly - we were told to use clear tips to allow the product to fully cure :hug:

ok person 1 I used clear tips.
person 2 and 3 I used performance white tips and tbh I cant remember for sure if I used the pink or clear sculpting gel altho I im quite sure I would of used the clear gel x

Latest posts

Back