Brisa Top Coat Problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasmum

Reaction score
I don't know what I am doing wrong. I d my enhancement, wipe of the dust with scrubfresh and then apply the Brisa top coat. I more often than not get dimples, i.e. little dents - areas with no top coat. I've tried applying thin, slightly thicker and really thick. I sometimes have to resort putting on 2-3 coats to make sure the whole nail is covered. What am I doing wrong? I am still trying to get a one on one with a CND educator as I wasn't trained with CND but no luck so far.

Well either the surface is still damp in places when you apply the top coat, or there is still some contamination there or the surface is not etched evenly all over.

I too was getting this problem- and always on the first two fingers I did. It makes sense that it must be damp still- thank you muchky geeg!! :D lightbulb moment!!!

Thanks for your reply. I'll try and pay attention to possible not being dry enough. Would it make any difference that I usually have some design on my nails? I usually use my Konad stamps. But the dull spots don't appear on all nails.

Would it make any difference to the adherence of the Brisa topcoat if I buffed parts of the gel enhancement with a 240 grit file? I had a client today where the gel topcoat just didn't seem to cure, i.e. when I wiped the topcoat was gone. I filed the tip of the free edge (capped part of the nail) with a 240 grit file so that I wouldn't file through to the natural nail edge. Would the be the reason?

I have same problem, and the only way out was to put another very thin layer of normal gel and leave the tacky residue then put on the gloss, everytime I file my nail and dust off/clean well then put on gloss when I look on my nail during the curing process I can see that the gloss gel start shrinking and leave a lot of bald spot on the nail, I may need to redo the gloss one more time and put it thicker at bald spot area, the rest will stick on to the first layer of gloss gel with tacky residue.

Ladies .. The problem you are having is NOT normal.

I have never seen Brisa Gloss shrink ever. I never see bald spots.

There are only a few explanations, which I listed pretty clearly in my first post.

Your finished surface should be filed with a 180 grit file NOT a 240 grit file .. This is basic info. The surface should not have any oil or moisture residue (check your files). And finally check your bulbs or the UV lamp you are using which should be CND only.

to Geeg,

I think you are right I may have not filed my nail that smooth. I did not get Brisa training, but has been working with other gels for sometime. Usually other brands that I have used so far the top gel was so easy you never have to be so perfect with your final buffing with 240 grit, therefore never thought that was needed with Brisa. I do see that on my first time with no so neat filing there were more spot missing, then I tried filing better I got less holes. Anyway Brisa was so easy to file compare with other brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what I am doing wrong. I d my enhancement, wipe of the dust with scrubfresh and then apply the Brisa top coat. I more often than not get dimples, i.e. little dents - areas with no top coat. I've tried applying thin, slightly thicker and really thick. I sometimes have to resort putting on 2-3 coats to make sure the whole nail is covered. What am I doing wrong? I am still trying to get a one on one with a CND educator as I wasn't trained with CND but no luck so far.

Another possibility is that you haven't applied enough topcoat and it is shrinking when cured - causing that "fisheye" appearance.

to Geeg,

I think you are right I may have not filed my nail that smooth. I did not get Brisa training, but has been working with other gels for sometime. Usually other brands that I have used so far the top gel was so easy you never have to be so perfect with your final buffing with 240 grit, therefore never thought that was needed with Brisa. I do see that on my first time with no so neat filing there were more spot missing, then I tried filing better I got less holes. Anyway Brisa was so easy to file compare with other brands.

You do not file with a 240 (rthis could be your problem) you file weith a 180 then apply your top coat finishing gloss. 180

Latest posts

Back