Brisa UV Finishing Gloss over Bio Sculpture Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~bec~

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried using the Brisa UV Finishing Gloss over Bio Sculpture Gel???? Bio Sculpture needs to be finished with a high gloss top coat, however, this does wear away and needs to be replaced. :idea: I though i might give the UV finishing gloss a go over the Bio gel, that way my clients wont have to replace their top coat every week.

i went and brought some today so i will see how it goes. Hope it works cause that means no more changing top coat!!!!

There is no reason why it shouldn't work.

Make sure the surface is clean of any oils etc and has not been finished with too smooth an abrasive OR apply right over the sticky layer if the nails do not require finishing by filing.

Hi,

Thanks for your update to my post on bio and infills and soak off. Just seen your post and YES it does work ok. The only think is a little extra buffing when you are doing a re-balance etc. I found some clients found the bio s lasted longer. However have you tried S-Gel from Bio. I think think is very shiney and extra strong!! It's working well for me.

Danielle

~bec~ said:
i went and brought some today so i will see how it goes. Hope it works cause that means no more changing top coat!!!!

Zammo said:
Hi,

Thanks for your update to my post on bio and infills and soak off. Just seen your post and YES it does work ok. The only think is a little extra buffing when you are doing a re-balance etc. I found some clients found the bio s lasted longer. However have you tried S-Gel from Bio. I think think is very shiney and extra strong!! It's working well for me.

Danielle

Hi Danielle

I am loving the new s-gel! really strong, great over tips and very glossy.

Is it more expensive than brisa gloss?

Hi Jacqui

S-gel is Biosculptures new gel. Its stronger and glossier than the other gels great for over tips and to strengthen really weak nails.

Are you biosculpture trained??

Hi there

I'm trained with Bio and didn't know anything about the S Gel so how did you guys find out? Wasn't that long ago I ordered a coloured gel and no one said anything. What is it?

Regards
Deb379

HI deb

Its bio's new gel its called s-gel and its a stronger gel than the clear. Its harder and not as flexible as we are used to hence why its better for tips and repairs.
Its very clear and very glossy and i love it.

The only thing i would say is that if you want to use colour over it you need to wipe and buff first as the colour doesn't seem to settle over it too well. other than that i have no complaints

Hi Littleangel

Thanks for your note, I just looked on their web and presume it's the new sealer gel on there? Does this replace the clear and the old sealer gel together?

Regards
Deb379

Hi

No its not the sealer gel its called s-gel. The sealer is for over your colours etc to keep them gorgeous.

S-gel is a stronger gel what i have found with it though is that if you use it and then want to apply colour over it you cant you have to buff it first but thats it only down side. I use it on my own natural nails then overlay with colour as i do a lot of typing and i really don't like my nails too flexible.

So it doesn't replace clear or sealer its a welcome addition this is what i do:

prep
sanitize
layer of clear
layer of s gel
wipe and buff
colour or French
sealer.

Is that a bit more clear?? i only use it on people who have really weak nails or are very heavy handed and also over tips or sculpts.

They have kept it a bit quiet though as they have been testing it.

I haven't heard of this new s-gel and I only did my course 5 weeks ago !

Hi there

That's not very good then, when I did my course last October they told me they would be sending out information about free workshops. I never hear a thing from them. I think I shall drop them an email, they should keep their techs up-to-date.

regards
Deb379

Hi littleangel

So with the S Gel you would use it instead of the sculpting gel - bio recommend you overlay weak nails with the sculpting gel for added strength.

Is the S Gel tougher than sculpting gel?

Regards
Deb379

Hi

Yes definately and its nice and clear too deb i hate the colour of the sculpting gel dont you?

I do agree biosculpture do let themselves down in the update department. For example i had just placed an order and they never mentioned they had a new colour out (65 iceberg pink) and if minkus (amber a fellow bio geek) hadnt mentioned it to me i wouldnt have known! I was hopping mad at the guy on the phone so he sent it out postage free to me. :lol: i think i scared him tee hee pmt week.

So i would order yourself some hun its fabarooney. Completes the range IMHO.

ttfn

Hi Littleangel

Thanks, will try the S Gel, although the sculpting gel is a good colour match for natural nail sculpts don't you think. Understand what you mean if you just want to cover the whole nail though.

Would you say with confidence that the s gel would def by ok over tips then, much stronger lasting longer? Be great if that's the case.

Sent them an email moaning, they said they usually sent out a newsletter if you place an order, they preferred to keep the S Gel for advanced course (have you done this? wondering whether there is much more than can tell you) she said there was one in Sept £45.

With regards to free workshops she reckons that's only if you keep having problems, don't recall my training saying those exact words!

Have you ever bought any of the lipsticks to match the gels?

Regards
Deb379

Latest posts

Back