Britains Youngest Mum's & Dad's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingertips ND

Brand New Mummy Geek
Reaction score
Who watched Britain's Youngest Mum's & Dad's 2006 last night!

I was so surprised!

I thought they would have picked the worst teen mum's to make a point but some girls on there were fantastic.

Especially the girl who had a boy with downs, another with possible cerebral palsy and a new baby girl.

I know I look young and the looks I get sometimes from people are just wrong.

Oh bum I missed, I knew there was something else this week I wanted to watch. Did you watch 5's birth night live on Sunday?

I watched it it was interesting. Some of the girls were really grown up and coped really well.
There was one that didnt cope forgot her name sorry, but she felt stupid interacting with the massage.
She is only a kid her self, but the way things are going i think her mum and dad will bring the baby up.

I watched it last night...i did think some were very good mums

There was one who i thought was a waste of time! she should of had a new mobile phone instead of a baby...

I have it on my sky+ planner, may watch it tonight

We watched it and i agree Vicki,some of them did better with the new born than me ( i was ill mind ).

I have to say Lee normally hates reality tv,he watched it and got really quite emotional.

Neither of us want more children but he looked at me last night and said i want that baby,i want to love her and care fore her like she deserves.

The baby he was talking about was the 14 year olds,she was so young and childish and didn't want that baby.

Tbh it broke my heart that she has a baby she doesn't want ,yet there are peeps out there who would do anything for that,i hope those peeps get the baby they so much deserve to love and cherish,like it should be x

It is nice to hear of young mums doing well - but then of course, being a mum is hard going and we always carry around that sense of guilt (are we doing the right thing? Should we let our child do that? etc) and so the young mums who aren't coping so well should be helped and understood.

In this society, unfortunately, promiscuity and underage sex is the norm and encouraged in the media... yet the poor young girls who get caught out and end up with babies, are not told how to look after their babies as 'Bliss' magazine and 'More' don't tell them how to cope.... oh no! All they will find in there is more promiscuity and HOW TO GET PREGNANT... not how to cope once you've had the baby!!!

Our pregnancy wasn't planned and was a complete shock and we were using contraception like one of the girls on there and instead of her being criticized she should be praised for facing up to responsibility, not aborting and looking after the baby all by herself.

The birth scenes shocked me. I'm dreading it!!

The 14 year old needs help also not criticism. She probably felt embarrassed singing to her baby (i would have at 14), she needs to be taught and looked after too.

The 14 year old needs help also not criticism. She probably felt embarrassed singing to her baby (i would have at 14), she needs to be taught and looked after too.

To a certain extent i agree with hun,but for the sake of that baby,she should have been taught sooner.

I found myself defending her to Lee last night but in all honesty,she was behaving like an adult when she created the baby,it's too late to act like a child once she had given birth.

To a certain extent i agree with hun,but for the sake of that baby,she should have been taught sooner.

I found myself defending her to Lee last night but in all honesty,she was behaving like an adult when she created the baby,it's too late to act like a child once she had given birth.

I know hun but how many girls actually think about what they are doing when they have sex??

I don't think her parents helped!

Instead of just taking the baby and moaning that she didn't spend enough time with it, etc. she should have been giving her the child back and saying 'it's your child, you look after her'.

I know hun but how many girls actually think about what they are doing when they have sex??

That's the problem ! !

Unfortunately there will alway be people who have kids and don't deserve then,and people who do deserve tham can't have them.

Life is so unfair at times .

It's the baby i felt for,being a mum is so much more than feeding and changing,and that's what she was missing out on,the tenderness and love,it's a crying shame .

i didnt see it, i didnt even know it was on
but i was a young teen mum and there was no support for me, i had left home at 14 and was very naieve, when i fell pregnant at 15 i was on it pill, my mums reply when i told her i was pregnant was "you silly s*** get an abortion" when yes i can understand she was angry but what i realy wanted and needed was a hug,
i went for an anti-natal check at the hospital and there was a social worker there and she had a real bee in her bonnett about my age, but still there was no support there
when my son was born all the other mums in the mat ward wouldnt talk to me and i have never felt so alone, none of my school friends bothered with my anymore as i couldnt go out etc with them, .
that was 14 years ago and things are a lot more open now, but im glad they are putting programs like this o the tv as if it stops just 1 girl from falling pregnant at a young age it will have been worth it,

i have always been honest with my kids about how hard it was as im hopeing it will prevent them doing the same,

I was 17 when i fell pregnant, although it is older than some of the girls on the programme, i would'nt change a thing.

It was hard bringing my first up but i was lucky to have support from his dad and my family, unlike some girls, which is a shame as at a young age you need support from others.

The good thing i liked about having my kids young is that i am still young now (25) and they are 7 and 5, so now i can enjoy the things i missed out in.

I saw it and was absolutely stunned!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was laughing watching the girl with triplets, and how swiftly and cleaning she wiped the excess wehn feeding her babies.... mastered that technique I thought!! LOL

The 13 year old was still a child! And cried when someone bought her baby wipes for her birthday! I laughed at the too!
I was in an evil mood last night me thinks! :twisted: :evil:

I had a friend who gave birth at 15 and she was made to give the child to her elder brother to raise.
She is known as 'Auntie' but has been told that her mum and dad are not real but she not been adopted by strangers and does have the family blood.

Shes only 13 now and I think she has an idea.
My friend is very close to her 'niece' and shes just been her bridesmaid..
However, it must be hard. :rolleyes:

I didn't watch it but wish I had. I got pregnant at 17 and had baby when I was 18. The last thing that I wanted for my daughter was an early pregnancy but she got pregnant at 16 and delivered at 17 and I am so proud at the way she has coped. My grandaughter is now 10 and my daughter has worked full time since the baby was 18 months and doesn't ask me for anything. She has always had love and support and I think that that is the only thing I was able to give her, the rest with guidance and she had to learn herself.

I didn't watch it but wish I had. I got pregnant at 17 and had baby when I was 18. The last thing that I wanted for my daughter was an early pregnancy but she got pregnant at 16 and delivered at 17 and I am so proud at the way she has coped. My grandaughter is now 10 and my daughter has worked full time since the baby was 18 months and doesn't ask me for anything. She has always had love and support and I think that that is the only thing I was able to give her, the rest with guidance and she had to learn herself.

Sounds like she has done a brill job as it so hard being so young.
last night they said that if you have a child young, your child is 50% more likely to have a child young too. :eek:

Sounds like she has done a brill job as it so hard being so young.
last night they said that if you have a child young, your child is 50% more likely to have a child young too. :eek:

Taking that into account I could be a great nan in 5 years. :eek: Ok what's the easiest country to emigrate to!!:) No only joking:lol:

Taking that into account I could be a great nan in 5 years. :eek: Ok what's the easiest country to emigrate to!!:) No only joking:lol:
PMSL!! :lol: :green: :lol: :green: :lol:

They will have you on "youngest great nan" ha ha ha bet ya look good for it gran..:lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back