british beauty - nec,today/tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alialy

Reaction score
:irked: :cry: :mad: !!!!!!!
Just got back from the nec, paid the usual £7 to park, and boy was it NOT worth the bother!

I have been every year for at least 5 years and admittedly, its smaller than gmex, excel etc, but this was really rubbish.

If you are into nails & are thinking of going tomorrow Id think again. the only nail people there are millenium, Young nails ( as freindly as ever - hi Serena!), biosculpture gel. THATS IT!
The whole thing is uniforms,teeth whiteneing,and lots & lots of cheap jewellry, hair pieces & nail art gimmicks its like a glorified market. Sorry all, but, its very small & theres very little choice. The list said Ellisons& belly bar comp were there but they wern't.

I will be keeping a close eye on the exhibitors for Donnington Park, before I go to the trouble of going.

I really hate to be negative but I really felt I should warn my fellow geeks.

Lotsaluv
Tarrarabit, Ali
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I also went today to the British Beauty. it was very small and not alot there when you get there. I also had to pay £7 for parking.

I had a feeling it was going to be a little smaller and i changed my mind about going, Im glad I did now. But sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your day. Great to warn others it isnt quite as good as previous shows.

alialy said:
Just got back from the nec, paid the usual £7 to park, and boy was it NOT worth the bother!

I have been every year for at least 5 years and admittedly, its smaller than gmex, excel etc, but this was really rubbish.

If you are into nails & are thinking of going tomorrow Id think again. the only nail people there are millenium, Young nails ( as freindly as ever - hi Serena!), biosculpture gel. THATS IT!
The whole thing is uniforms,teeth whiteneing,and lots & lots of cheap jewellry, hair pieces & nail art gimmicks its like a glorified market. Sorry all, but, its very small & theres very little choice. The list said Ellisons& belly bar comp were there but they wern't.

I will be keeping a close eye on the exhibitors for Donnington Park, before I go to the trouble of going.

Lotsaluv
Tarrarabit, Ali
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

oh Hun, i am (well i was) going tom and i am thinking maybe i wont!!! is there nothing worth going for then!!! i was hoping to pick up some nail art stuff and creative prep stuff wot do you think? will i get wot I'm after or am i better going my local Sally's

Creative are not there, so thats that!

There is nail art stuff there - but nothing thats not in most wholesalers - there is a company selling stamps for nail art, and one selling these very expensive spray airbrush art systems, the rest is nail art paints. you could order stick on art straight from nailtopia - save yourself the trouble!

thanks Hun! i don't think i will bother then!! creative told me on the phone they were going so don't know wot happen there!!! i was looking 4ward to it to i will save my petrol money are star nails not even there! and it does say Ellison's is going 2 be there 2

wot are the chances ov there been more on tom!!! o:irked:

ive been today too it took me 1 1/2 hours to get there and i was very disapointed too its just not like it was last year.:cry: :cry:

did anyone sit in any ov the seminars? if so wot were they like? as fancy the "build a better Mobile business" think i might go just for the day out as i arnt paying the petrol

joanne2005 said:
wot are the chances ov there been more on tom!!! o:irked:
These not any point going tomorrow it will be just the same,unless you want to see glorsclaws on the nailtopia stall!but she will be work.

Hi Glorsclaws!It was nice to see you today.:hug:

alialy said:

Lotsaluv
Tarrarabit, Ali
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I went today as well.
Ellisons were there but they only had the PHD waxing system on show and no advertising the Ellisons name either ??
Belly Bar was there as well, but was only a small stand.
the Spray Tan Cubicle company was there but if you were going for a mini mist don't bother as they have sold out !!

salmonsa said:
I went today as well.
Ellisons were there but they only had the PHD waxing system on show and no advertising the Ellisons name either ??
Belly Bar was there as well, but was only a small stand.
the Spray Tan Cubicle company was there but if you were going for a mini mist don't bother as they have sold out !!

so hun wot did you think ov it overall?

HI,

I went today, was quite disapointed, it was the first show Ive been to, it took us 2 1/2hrs to get there and alothough I did get sum bits(more for beauty!) there wasn't a huge amount. Also take your own food!!! I got a pannini,1 small choc chip cookie and a small bottle of water........ £8 odd they charged me!!!!

I have to say i was dissapointed to. I went last year and thought it was ok, but this time it was a bit of a wasted day ! If you are going purely for nails then i wouldn't reccomend it unless you are planning on doing an order from Salons Direct as all orders were VAT free & free delivery.
I noticed alot of the bigger names from last year gave it a miss, none of the magazine companys were there, Health & Beauty Salon etc.
The savings i made ended up going on Petrol, Parking & Food = £25 !

joanne2005 said:
so hun wot did you think ov it overall?

To be honest I quite enjoyed it, haven't been to a show for years so it made a bit of a change.
Not alot regarding nails there to be honest, lots of hair extension stands, uniforms, I had nothing better to do and took my friend and her daughter, they were both thrilled as they both had a St Tropez spray tan, make up done, and hair extensions so I walked out with 2 totally different looking people !!!
Cost me quite a bit though as I bought a few bits and bobs and a spray tanning machine !!:)

Creative Tech said:
Hi Glorsclaws!It was nice to see you today.:hug:
Hi Sarah, it was nice meeting up with you too!

I have to agree even I was disappointed by the show & I wasnt really there to shop!
Couldnt wait for my lunch break to get a look around but, I'd walked from corner to corner in 10 mins flat!
I dont know why the NEC is always such a let down!

ooh good job i didnt go then - i was all set to go until i found out the train was gonna cost me £43!! xx

I went as well it was sooooo small and whats with the teeth whitening it was every where.

I cane back with a chocolate fountain nothing near to what i was looking for :lol: but mmm so yummy

Cost me quite a bit though as I bought a few bits and bobs and a spray tanning machine !!:)[/quote]

Hi

I went too and was disapointed. What tanning machine did you buy?
My chap had a spray done by Sienna Sun, you proibably seen him, short, balds and he was showing off!

xx

I was going to go even though Creative wasn't going to be there ! Got up at 8:00 to leave Wales and get to Birmingham in time for the show.

By the time we got to Bham, I just could be bothered anymore. Sounds like I didn't miss much then !

It's a real shame that the Bham Show is never really that good. Going to London is a pain in the backside for me and it would really be great if the Bham one pulled it's socks up and got a bit more "with it" !

River

Latest posts

Back