Broken CND lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough!

I see no point in continuing this thread. It is in danger of turning into a playground fight and is unbecoming to the industry.

I hope the mods close it now.

Sweetsquared and CND have done loads for me! :)
If it wasnt for them I wouldn't have a business !
Thanks Guys♡♡

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just wanted to say I'm sure 'MOST' CND/S2 customers are NOT jumping ship!!

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it was merely said in jest as a lot of people, on this thread, have said they're off to use another system. I do appreciate that both CND and S2 have very loyal and forgiving customers, I am one of them and I haven't even invested a lot... Yet! I do plan to though. I've spoken to S2 various times on e-mail and over the phone and have never had anything but great service... Hence me waiting it out and sticking with them! I ordered a few bits yesterday, not a massive order, and I'll receive it by midday. It was a tiny order compared to what some spend so, to still receive the same service is amazing!

I agree with what Geeg has said. Its become clear that a few people are trying their hardest to tarnish the S2 and CND name without even using the system or being a customer. Its such a shame because there will be a few who take their word instead of being able to see and read what the few official responses have been.

Its so unfortunate for everyone affected but, I'm sure S2 and CND are doing everything in their power to make things happen! I very much doubt they're sat on a huge pile of money discussing how long they think they can make us all wait, which is how its being made out by a few on here.

Last edited:
I doubt very much that they'll go bust, and nobody has even intimated that.

Enough!

I see no point in continuing this thread. It is in danger of turning into a playground fight and is unbecoming to the industry.

I hope the mods close it now.

I agree Lynne,
The public can see this thread guys! How professional! S2 are doing all they can!
I say close this too!

I doubt very much that they'll go bust, and nobody has even intimated that.

You're right, no one has said they'll go bust, I have now edited my post

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I will also add that the vast majority of Shellackers are still happily working with lamps that have not malfunctioned, thank god. That doesn't make it any better for those who are affected at this time nor does it make us any less sorry for the inconvenience to thoes in that position ATM. If it had happened to me I too would use any means I could to accommodate my clients even if it meant using an incompatible lamp for a few weeks and getting clients permission ... What other choice would I have? In a busy business, the show must go on.

Meanwhile here on salon geek for anyone who has followed this thread, it really is very easy to see what is happening with a small number (3-4) people only who keep this thread at the top of the board ... And curiously, 3 of thoes four are not even users of Shellac at all but have some sort of agenda/grudge and they are obviously getting satisfaction from stirring the pot. It's pretty transparent, would you not agree?

Just as an example ... The biggest stirrer (I will let you judge who that may be) says she uses Shellac .... And has had numerous CND lamps fail on her .... Yet amazingly, when in looked into it yesterday, neither she under her personal name, nor she under her salon name, has ever bought anything from Sweet Squared, never bought anything from Ellisons and never bought anything from The Fingertips Centre or any other CND authorised distributor in the UK.

There is no record anywhere on any 'returns' data base that any lamps have ever been returned for replacement from this person at ANY authorised UK distributor.

CND lamps can only be bought through S2 ... No unauthorised distributors have the CND UV Lamps as every one of them is shipped to S2 wired for the British market voltage and ONLY S2 ... Begs the question of where the Shellac supplies are coming from and exposes the lie about having purchased multiple lamps. It's not CND being attacked in this thread by these people, it's very plainly S2.

So readers ... Judge for yourselves what is going on. It's pretty ugly to say the least. The only reason I can think of that it has been allowed to go on is that with every page, it becomes more easy for everyone to see who is on the attack and why. By now we are all aware.

To those in genuine distress, I once again sincerely apologise for that distress. We carry on doing all we can do behind the scenes. The lamps are being air freighted in at CND expense so they too are helping where they can. As soon as they are in our hands it will be announced loud and clear ... If in the meantime you have made other arrangements to accommodate your business, who can blame you? We'll see you on the other side after the storm blows over. X

Good to know you and (the Company you represent) value the Data Protection Act.

Absolutely SHOCKING.

How has the DPA been breached here?
Geeg has a role within S2 and she was using the information given here to assess the veracity of the claims made.
The DPA does not apply to limited companies anyway, although I realise that most people here will be sole traders. No information has been coerced out of the individuals, nor has personalised data been made public.

Here's the bit where I make myself unpopular.

Stop bleating on about consumer rights, Data Protection Act, and the like, unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're talking about. All that happens if you don't is you make yourself look daft.

And do be very, very careful about any accusations made publicly about a company. Once it's on the internet it's there in pen. If any company suffers a direct economic loss as a result of defamatory statements, expect a cease and desist notification at the very least.

How has the DPA been breached here?
Geeg has a role within S2 and she was using the information given here to assess the veracity of the claims made.
The DPA does not apply to limited companies anyway, although I realise that most people here will be sole traders. No information has been coerced out of the individuals, nor has personalised data been made public.

Here's the bit where I make myself unpopular.

Stop bleating on about consumer rights, Data Protection Act, and the like, unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're talking about. All that happens if you don't is you make yourself look daft.

And do be very, very careful about any accusations made publicly about a company. Once it's on the internet it's there in pen. If any company suffers a direct economic loss as a result of defamatory statements, expect a cease and desist notification at the very least.

I'm not really concerned with looking daft Lynne. If I've made a mistake then I'm happy to hold my hands up and apologise.

I'm looking as an outsider to this hilarious thread. To a layman, see that a person is bandying around comments of looking into customers records to try and catch people out.

I don't care about the company, I'd be concerned as a customer of theirs (if I indeed was one) that loose lips/fingers on keyboards could reveal my personal details to the worldwide web. That's all.

I have no interest in nails/lamps/nail varnish or anything else, so that's where I'll leave it. It's been an amusing 21 page read so far.

This is a nightmare for people who don't have a working lamp. I have Shellac and Gelish although I did my training with Entity. Anyway just wanted to say I wish I had done my training with CND. Some day I will. I wouldn't jump ship (fair enough add another brand) and for the people changing their mind about training with them I wouldn't. Just hold off for a bit. Like I said its a nightmare but these things happen. Anyway that's my opinion on it.

Ok, this has gone on long enough.

There are a small number of people in this thread that making claims, comments and suggestions which are untrue or designed to inflame the situation. Its now gone beyond being a professional, constructive discussion to a vent/troll thread.

We are working daily with CND to get lamps into the UK and we are assured this won't be much longer. Those with lamp issues need fear not, we will rectify the matter as soon as it is humanly possible.

We have never knowingly let one of our customers down. We have no intention of starting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back