Broken CND lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ktyadn

Reaction score
:sad:Hi, can anyone help me pls!! My cnd lamp broke on Friday causing me to have to cancel work for sat and today hoping that sweet squared would be able to hep me today. Unfortunately not!!! :( They have no lamps in and wont have for a few weeks!! Argh!!!!!! I have loads of clients booked in, that I have spent ages just changing them all over to brisa and shellac! now to have to tell them I have no lamp to work with! I cant believe that I was told it so matter of a fact with no advice as to what I can do! I will potentionally loose a lot of my business if I cannot get a lamp. My question is this... What cheap lamp is there that anyone has experience with that will cure shellac and brisa light?? I know cnd is the only guaranteed one, but as that isn't an option I need an alternative?? please help someone!!?? xx

Just seen your in Gloucester, I'm in Gloucester n have a spare lamp you could borrow until you sort a new one?

whas anyone from s2 elaborated on the lamp situation? seems the whole of the UK has been completely out of stock for some time now and there are almost daily threads on here about broken lamps. was there some kind of problem/recall? what do they suggest for people such as the OP? apologies if I missed the thread/memo!

OP - maybe worth investigating whether you can get your lamp fixed. alternativey I would seek out a secondhand one from somewhere and put new bulbs in.....not worth taking the risk with another brand lamp uunless someone has a laboratory they can't tell if it is 'working' as products look cured at about 60%

bit of a horse/stable comment this, but it really is worth having at least two lamps, it's much easier to work with one for each hand and of course then you have a backup incase of situations like this.

amys-beauty That is soo sweet of you!! I cant believe someone could be so helpful and nice. Thank you :) My bulbs work so I could use my bulbs :) My only worry is if there is a problem with the lamps, then I wouldn't want yours to brake whilst im using it!! :S Do you normally use two lamps anyway? xx

amys-beauty That is soo sweet of you!! I cant believe someone could be so helpful and nice. Thank you :) My bulbs work so I could use my bulbs :) My only worry is if there is a problem with the lamps, then I wouldn't want yours to brake whilst im using it!! :S Do you normally use two lamps anyway? xx

Mine is about 9 months old, not used it since summer but only used it for training. It worked fine last time I used it! I don't have 2, I meant spare as in your welcome to borrow it. You clearly need it more than me. Maybe we could do it so you pay me a deposit n I lend it to you until your sorted? Xx

syncage, Thank you for your reply :)
I didn't realise that there has been problems with the lamps! s2 didn't say that they have had any problems. Having said that they wasn't surprised either?! I think its quite bad service that the lamps are out of stock and that it wasn't a problem to them atall that I wouldn't be able to work! Totally understand about using another branded lamp, the last thing I want to do is not provide the correct service!
Do you usually use two lamps? Iv wondered if using two does make things quicker? sometimes I think it would and other times not?
Thank you for your reply and help :) xx

Thank you, will be in touch now. Your a star!!! :) xx

syncage, Thank you for your reply :)
I didn't realise that there has been problems with the lamps! s2 didn't say that they have had any problems. Having said that they wasn't surprised either?! I think its quite bad service that the lamps are out of stock and that it wasn't a problem to them atall that I wouldn't be able to work! Totally understand about using another branded lamp, the last thing I want to do is not provide the correct service!
Do you usually use two lamps? Iv wondered if using two does make things quicker? sometimes I think it would and other times not?
Thank you for your reply and help :) xx

I'm not saying there is necessarily a problem with the lamps, I mean they probably sell hundreds and so there is bound to be a few whoopsies now and then. Could just be there are more posts about it as people are frustrated by the out of stock situation. and that is the bit I find strange.

I realise S2 get their stock from the USA and are dependent on them + shipping + customs to get deliveries but it seems odd for them not have enough stock of lamps/reordered in time as I do agree that it makes it quite difficult (impossible) for techs to operate if they can't get this one item. It's probably THE most important bit of kit for a CND tech.. I'm sure they don't want to be in this situation as they will be loosing money and it virtually puts a stop on any new techs or conversions to their brand?! That's why i wonder if it is something bigger out of their control.

I work with two on a daily basis... it is so much easier both for me and the client to have one set up on each side of the desk.

This happened to me mid shellac :-( now I keep my spare cheap UVA lamp from home in shop just incase :) now I can relax.

As I mentioned on another thread yesterday, I was going to book in for the Shellac course, sign up and buy a starter kit today but this has put me right off. I think I need to reconsider whether its worth it as presumably I'll now need to buy two lamps! Hmmmmm. :sad:

But it looks like I can't even purchase one!

This happened to me to ,i took a chance and used my nsi lamp (i just could not afford to cancel all my bookings ) luckly i had no problems,i have since borrowed the old brisa lamp,hopefully there will be new stock soon x

I have 2 lamps in salon for busy use, thank goodness as 1 broke down mid service! I had lots of clients booked in that day/weekend too!

It's ridiculous! Especially as it's hammered into you that others lamps just won't do, what do you do when nails is ur bread and butter?!

I now also stock gelish, think this is the perfect advert for why techs should offer an alternative.

Ok, so it seems to be a common problem with lamps breaking for one reason or another! I am now sorted til mine gets fixed with the help of amy-beauty! Thank you soo much!!

It does seem strange that they don't keep enough of things in stock especially when its all the important stuff!?

Iv been told that it could be several weeks til they get any more, so hopefully they can fix mine quicker!

I have learnt a valuable lesson to buy another lamp! I thought to have spare bulbs was being organised, never imagined the lamp would brake so quick, only had it since September!

Thank you to all who have replyed and I hope those who have the same problem get it sorted too :)xx

extended warranty should be offered i think as reassurance that have bought from s2

extended warranty should be offered i think as reassurance that have bought from s2

warranty is useless if they have no lamps in stock to replace the broken ones.

Nor is it good when techs are told no other lamp will do, I've had 3 CND lamps which have all had issues and to be fair to S2 they have sorted them all out in a very reasonable manner, however if I EVER get another issue with a CND lamp, then I'm afraid that I'll be buying a cheaper generic one and will basically just "suck it up and see"...

These are not cheap lamps and I fail to see why we should have to pay upwards of £XXX for a lamp that may or may not go the distance in terms of warranty, nor is it excusable if the lamp fails shortly after it's warranty period. This isn't an S2 issue, this is a CND issue and the buck stops with them.

Last edited:
not to add fuel to the flames , but has it seems to be a well known fault ,would our insurance still cover us if something was to happen to the client while using the lamp,or maybe i am just over thinking things.

My CND lamp broke too only after about a couple of hours use. So I bought 2 of the edge lamps, 1,2,3 min timer and only cost £50 each.

I still need to get my CND lamp repaired though. The one side of the machine has stopped working altogether.

My lamp broke yesterday.I have had the lamp 2 years, but it has only been used for 110 hours ( 1 bulb change at 100 hours). I do not see this as fit for purpose tbh, especially at a cost of over £100 inc vat. Should we expect the lamp to only last for just over 100 hours then.I think my lamp shoud be replaced foc when they are back in stock as it was not fit for purpose.
I have lots of clients booked in, cant get another lamp as there is none in the uk & cant use another lamp to cure shellac.
I am going to have to invest in another system ( probably gelish) which can be cured in any 36W lamp. I love shellac, but cant wait 'a few weeks' ( thats what S2 said this morning) for a new lamp or I will go out of business. At least if my lamp breaks then, I can get a replacement.
I am fuming & to make it worse, my daughter gets married on Friday & I have all the family nails to do for the wedding as well as my clients.

This thread worries me! My lamp is 3months old and it went off the other day and refused to turn back on.
I unplugged it all and waited for a bit and it came back on but still.... Hope it's not a sign of things to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back